“Worth the wait”

Get food delivered
Ranked #108 of 10,073 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: Considered the oldest family name in Chicago pizza, Lou Malnati's is as rich in history as its deep dish pizza is in flavor. We use only the freshest and finest ingredients to craft each pizza by hand. Come try our legendary deep dish pizza with our famous Buttercrust. You won’t be disappointed! Our South Loop location offers dine in, carry out, delivery, and catering!
Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

It was a super busy Saturday night, the staff at Lou Malnati's handled it like a well oiled machine. The line stretched out the door, they had us put our names on the list, give our cell number, order our pizza (deep dish takes 20-30 minutes). We waited making small talk with other tourists. When we were seated the waitress was quick with our drinks and salad. The pizza was delicious. Crust was crisp but tender, sauce wasn't all liquid, it was just right. We got a coupon from our hotel to use on a desert, the cookie a la mode was very good. Don't miss this place.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,320)

Reviewed July 13, 2016

The food was amazing but all my silver ware and glasses were filthy. They actually gave me a coffee cup that was not washed and filthy. When I showed them the cup and mentioned this was never washed and is filthy they took the cup from me and never returned for a long time.

Made me wonder about the food after that.

Date of visit: July 2016
LouMalnatis, Customer Service at Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with us. If you’re open to it, we would like to speak further with you about it. If willing, please email your phone number along with the best time to reach you to louscrew@loumalnatis.com and I will have a member of our team contact you directly.

Again, I apologize for the poor service you received and appreciate you taking the time to bring it to our attention.

Charlotte McGuire
Malnati Organization, Inc.

Reviewed July 12, 2016

I'm not a huge pizza lover but we tried their deep dish pizza and it was AMAZING. Ordered the pizza for 3 & it was more than enough.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

Everything about this visit was great. Jazmine was the name of our server and she did a great job. She recommended the house salad which was incredible and my stepfather and I split a 2 person pizza. Everything about this meal was great.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

Arrived late so missed the long lines to get in and plopped down at a table. Got the info on the food from Jazmin our server - very nice lady and helpful in deciding the food. Salad was perfect and the deep dish was something special - must try