“Great Chicago Pizze”

Ranked #54 of 9,802 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Went for Saturday lunch with a large group. No problem getting a table for over 10, though it might have been an issue later on.

We ordered 3 of the large pizzas to share: the Lou classic, the veggie and one with pepperoni. All were very good, but to me the classic was the best.

I would give them 5 stars, but the crust is not my favorite pizza crust (meaning the Chicago style).

Service was good.

Note that these pies take at least a half hour after you order them, so be ready for that wait.

If you want real Chicago pizza, you can't go wrong at Lou Malnati's.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went here for pizza a few weeks ago, had great service, and great food, and the server was very accurate on how much pizza we would need for 3 of us. I am def. going back!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We ate here on Saturday Feb 9. There was a group of friends visiting Chicago for a birthday party. We met up with some friends who have a 14 month old baby.
The hostess did an excellent job of placing us in an area where we could all talk to one another and not be a noisy distraction to other guests. We also go to see Wisconsin defeat Michigan on the flat screens (a bonus for all of us).
We ordered 3 large pizzas...which allowed for some to be taken home by the 2 Chicago residents to enjoy later that evening.
It was an early lunch (11:30) and only 2-3 glasses of wine were ordered--so the bill was very affordable.
I comend the staff for taking such good care of our group--and the kitchen for putting out such delicious pizza.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Upfront I should say that I was pretty hungry when I ate here but also very tired after a long flight with short layovers. Nonetheless I think I can concur with other reviews on this place - the service was really nice. My waitress was helpful in helping me choose but didn't tell me 'I had' to try this or that. I opted for a flagship meal there, probably the most common one, but anyway it was so yummy! The crust was great and even the meat (which I normally don't get with pizza), tomatoes (that weren't 'paste') and cheese was just so tasty with the perfect combination of tastes and good balance. The beer was a good recommendation too, so overall based on my experience I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I'm not a deep dish kinda person. I prefer thin crust, but this place makes it worth while. Whenever family or friends come to town, this is where we go. Their butter crust pizza is amazing and the only thing I order. Love it!