“Great spot in Edison Park!”
Review of Zia's Trattoria

Zia's Trattoria
Ranked #568 of 9,614 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Edison Park
Chicago, IL
“Great spot in Edison Park!”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

My favorite spot in the neighborhood! Great food, attentive service and walking distance to my house! The tables are a little too c,owe to each other for my liking, but the food certainly helps to overlook that. I love the shrimp wrapped in proscutto !

Pisa
“Great!”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Zia's is a great Italian restaurant on the northwest side of Chicago. The food and atmosphere make it a fabulous evening out. The employees are sincere and very knowledgable.

madison, wi
“Would Not Return”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The two major problems with Zia's Trattoria were service and noise level. The tables were so close together that it was impossible to sustain a reasonable conversation making dinner less than enjoyable. In addition, after receiving a surly "greeting" at the door, it took 40 minutes for the waitress to come to our table to take our food order, and an additional 45 minutes for our food to arrive. During that period, out waitress was nowhere to be found. The food was good, but not remarkable, and not close to the level needed for any of us to want to return.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank wadsworth2
WI
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My daughter's family moved to Edison Park 4 years ago and as we are former Chicagoans we are always looking for a great Italian restaurant. Zia's is one of our favorites!! It is within walking distance of her home so when Grandpa and I are home alone we head to Zia's for lunch. The regular menu is very, very good but they always have a few specials and those are usually outstanding. The waitress suggested the chef's special of broiled whitefish and it was the best I have had. Not a usual choice when going Italian. We have been to Zia's often for dinner and they are exceptional - pricey - but worth the cost. This past week I ordered the rolled chicken breast stuffed with spinach and fortina cheeses - very good. My husband had the avocado salald with tomatoes and blue cheese and it was so good we have recreated it at home. We have never been unhappy at Zia's - the staff is very attentive - the restaurant can get noisy as it is well attended both at lunch and dinner - and it does not cater to children but they are accomendating to small children. We had our 2.5 yr old grandson with this trip and they brought him bread and a small bowl of plain noodles to keep him happy while the adults decided what to order. A great place, worth the money and a true Chicago experience.

• Visited April 2011
Lewisville, Texas
“Fantastic, Highly Rated, Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This place deserves its Zagat and TripAdvisor reputation. Located in a suburb of Chicago, it is a relatively small restaurant with a hopping bar in front, decorated like a typical family Italian restaurant. The food was anything but typical. It was simply excellent.

I had their Insalata Capri, with fresh mozzarella, tomato, prosciutto and pestotomato, which was excellent. I then had the Rigatoni Bolognese and my wife had the Ravioli Di Zucca
(butternut squash with a mascarpone cream sauce and toasted hazelnuts). Both were outstanding. The Rigatoni serving size was huge and I could only eat half. The prices are also very reasonable.

All in all, the food was great, the atmosphere vibrant yet relaxed, service very good, the its Zagat rating deserved. It was worth the relatively long drive from our downtown hotel to dine there.

Been to Zia's Trattoria? Share your experiences!