“Cheap but not so cheerful...”
Review of Quang Noodle

Quang Noodle
Ranked #4,923 of 9,903 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We came here for a simple meal after too many burgers and fries. There was no one else there at 7.30pm, which served as a warning. The place is simple and rather down at heel with slightly grubby menus. We ordered basic meals like pad Thai and chicken pho, and they were all fine. The main problem was that the friendly lady who runs the place had a cold and we ate to the sound of her loud sniffles right throughout our meal. It was quite off-putting but I hope she is better now.

1  Thank LLSL

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been eating here for years and have told many people about this place. My favorites are on the Vietnamese side though some of the Thai dishes are also favorites. Its location is geared more for the law students across the street but the downtown foot traffic adds alot also. The building owned by Loyola is not taken care of very well BUT the restaurant is very clean.
I know the family that owns and operates the restaurant and they care about the food and its presentation. It is honest and true food. Prices are too low for the amount of good food they give you. They do have a rather extensive menu; it is not a place to go to be seen or be enchanted by the presentation. It IS a place to experience real Thai and Vietnamese food. The drawback is that it is BYOB. A good Singha is always appreciated with this food. I certainly like to go when there are fewer people there. It is a time, like at a coffee house, when you can sit and talk with patrons at other tables. Real conversation.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

There was only one other person in this restaurant, which should be our first 'red flag'. Service was quick and the employee very friendly. However, the food was very ordinary and of the three dishes we ordered (curry, druken noodles, & spicy chicken), they all tasted very much the same. . .and very blah - - and all quite spicy. Got a good laugh at my husband who was sweating, with burning lips. lol!
The decor was old, odd and somewhat crusty looking. The bathrooms were quite gross & disgusting. Possibly the Vietnamese food was better and more what they specialize in. ???

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We loved this restaurant. Great food at a low price. I had pad Thai and my wife had pad woon sen. Both were excellent and full of flavor. We had cucumber salads and Thai spring rolls for appetizers. The cucumber salad was the best I've ever eaten.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This place is not much to look at, and it's too greasy to eat very often, but their wild curry is absolutely delicious. Their egg rolls were too greasy for me. It's also good on the wallet for downtown CHI. I wouldn't go more than once per visit, but the wild curry was worth it.

Been to Quang Noodle? Share your experiences!