“Excellent selections and price”
Review of Corner Bakery Cafe - CLOSED

Corner Bakery Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stopped in mid-morning at the Corner Bakery for a quick breakfast before going shopping on Michigan Avenue. The bakery was only half-packed. We ordered our food at the counter and then were seated while the food and coffee drinks were prepared. Then, someone brings everything out to your table. My wife had the Muesli and loved it. She also said her coffee was excellent. I had the new avocado scrambler (mixed with chives, bacon, tomatoes) and it was very good. We definitely recommend stopping here for a quick bite to eat for breakfast or lunch! The menu is definitely varied.

There are newer reviews for Corner Bakery Cafe

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Spent a night in Chicago and we ate dinner at the Corner bakery right down the street. Price was food was great for what we got. We have ate at other Corner bakery's in other cities and have never been disappointed. They just do it right.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Corner Bakery was right around the corner from our hotel so we found it by convenience. It was a great find and we ended up eating breakfast there all three mornings we spent in Chicago. The chilled oatmeal was awesome and our traveling companions raved about the baked goods and coffee as well. Egg sandwiches were fresh and well prepared. The coffee variety was good. This is the kind of place that requires you to order at the counter, find a table, and then wait for your food to be served by wait staff who were very efficient, although be prepared to spend 30 minutes for breakfast. Worth it.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love Corner Bakery; their prices and serving sizes are perfect. I eat there at least a few times a month. Sometime I will grab something after work to take home even if I will have been there for lunch

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We ate here for breakfast twice because it was next door to our hotel. The first morning they messed up our order 3 times. The manager was so sorry that he gave us breakfast on the house! That is customer service. The food was good, this surprised me because it is a chain. You go up to the counter, order your food and go sit at the table and they will bring it to you. I ordered the honey cranberry oatmeal topped with granola and it came with raisin crisp bread. I have never ordered oatmeal out before, it really isn't my thing, but I loved it!! The portion was so large that I could not finish it. The breakfast sandwiches were also very good.