“Incredible steak”
Review of Rosebud Steakhouse

Rosebud Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosebud Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: Mies Van Der Rohe Way
Transit: The Red Line's Chicago stop is .4 mile South West at the corner of Chicago Avenue and State Street.
Description: At Rosebud Steakhouse, our native language is prime beef, chops, and fresh seafood. Located one block east of The Magnificent Mile, this iconic Chicago steak house offers a wine list of more than 300 selections, aged single malt scotches, and much more. From our celebrated Bone-In Filet Mignon to our legendary Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing and beyond, we take pride in the fact that Rosebud Steakhouse never fails to convert walk-ins into regulars. An established hideaway for locals and celebrities, your experience here will be like none you've had before. Discover for yourself why Rosebud Steakhouse is considered "a rare steakhouse well done."
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I had spent the day on foot being tourists. We were ready for a nice meal and knew we'd found what we were looking for when we smelled the steaks from around the corner. The well-trimmed, nicely aged, and perfectly grilled bone-on ribsteak was fantastic! The smoked Gouda macaroni and cheese went very well as a side. I will go back the next time I' m in Chicago and would recommend it for my meat loving friends.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

From the moment we walked in the door, I could tell this would be a memorable experience. Our waiter, Monet, was wonderfully helpful and made us feel right at home. Nothing was too much trouble. She made wonderful wine suggestions that I enjoyed. She helped us choose appropriate portion sizes. Service was exceptional throughout. Then the food arrived - consistently high quality throughout. My husband and I shared a house salad, the 12 ounce filet (which was cooked perfectly), mushrooms (to die for!) and cheddar bacon mashed potatoes. We had carrot cake and a complimentary dessert (it was our anniversary.) With my glass of wine and my husband's two beers, the bill came to $128 before tip. I thought it was a great deal. Will recommend it to everybody!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had high expectations about Rosebud Steakhouse. My brother-in-law's wife had dined there during a business trip and said it was the best steak she had ever tasted. We had the lobster ravioli for our appetizer. There was a tad bit too much lemon, but the meat in the ravioli was very tasty. I ordered the bone-in filet which came with sautéed mushrooms. The mushrooms were done well and the meat was done perfectly also. However, my husband and brother-in-law got the bone-in NY strip. My husband's had a different flavor to it which I did not care for and my brother-in-law's smelled funny. We had no idea why it smelled so odd, but it did taste okay. The odor was overwhelming. Maybe it was an off night, but I don't think we will dine there again. The wait staff were great, but the food was not anything that I cannot get at a number of steakhouses in Chicago. Sorry Rosebud Steakhouse.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

nestled on a quiet side street off of the bustle of Michigan Ave this is one of my favorite steakhouses in Chicago. First Class service coupled with outstanding, high quality food make this a place I always seem to come back to

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Rosebud Steakhouse near the Drake Hotel is worth the pricey menu. Dinner for two with tip was $180. Service is excellent despite the very busy/ loud dinner time. It's almost a show to watch the flow of the wait staff. The wine list is a digital tablet brought to your tablet. My appletini was shaken not stirred and perfect. My petite filet was cooked to perfection and my husband's lamb chops were excellent. We shared a delicious and piping hot, huge cheddar and bacon mashed potatoes side. Our gelato was very creamy and flavorful. I would recommend the Rosebud, just be prepared to pay rather highly for your meal.