“Good food”
Review of NiX Restaurant

NiX Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
NiX Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,703 of 9,531 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: Michigan Avenue
Transit: Busline 151, 147, 146. Walking distance to Chicago Red Line Stop.
Chandler, Arizona
“Good food”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Menu is limited, but the food was delicious.
I only had soup and dessert, but both were very tasty! Since I was only having soup, I asked for bread to go with it. Received one roll, not warm. For this type of restaurant, I would have expected warm bread.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JoAnn B

London, United Kingdom
“Genuinely Superb”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's an unexpected place to find a genuinely superb meal - hotel restaurants tend to coast on their hosts' reputations or the captivity of hotel guests, and there is little euphoria to be had (beyond the fleshpots of London, New York and the like). So I am happy to report the fact that Nix, adjunct to Knickerbockers Hotel as it is, bucks the trend. We started with fritto mixto, with calamari, asparagus and onion, and it couldn't have been better: crisp, clean, delicious. I then had scallops ('catch of the day'), which are easy to ruin and thus a good barometer, and I have to say that I couldn't fault them. I've only had better once, and I certainly am not going to be stupid enough to tell you where that was as they haven't yet realised their perfection and thus undercharge...but it was certainly 2nd best. They were served with a jus over mashed potatoes and courgette aubergine slices. Seriously seriously good. My fair companion had salmon with grilled squash and courgette...which she described as perfect although I personally thought it bland...but there again I disapprove of salmon unless smoked. Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc was the accompanying wine, which managed to be fruity and even flowery without being cloying. Service was outstanding. The wine was kept in the fridge and brought every time we needed refills. The waiter (Rob) described every dish, recommended wines, wrinkled his nose about ill advised choices and even brought a free sample of a competing wine to demonstrate that our choice had been the right one. This is a seriously good restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank LSO1973
Sun City, Arizona
“Great lunch and breakfast”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We ate lunch at the Nix Restaurant the day of our arrival at the Millennium Knickerbocker. Since we had early dinner reservations we only wanted a light lunch so we split a turkey club sandwich and french fries. Both were very good. The next morning we ate breakfast at the Nix. We ordered the french toast and the ham and cheese omelette and then split them so that we could both try them. They were both good. The prices were about what you can expect to pay in Chicago.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Nancy S
Perth, Australia
“Great breakfasts”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The chef at this restaurant, located in the lobby of the Knickerbocker Hotel, specialises in breakfast. The coffee is ok, better than the Starbucks alternative. The waffles with the baked apple and marscapone are to DIE FOR. Amazing. And well priced too.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank InnocentTravels
Grand Rapids, MI
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had excellent service. Menu is sufficiently varied, and prices are not outrageous. A good breakfast here means you won't need to eat lunch!

Visited March 2013