“Horrible Service. Great Food.”
Review of Baisi Thai

Baisi Thai
Ranked #2,739 of 9,899 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Don't come here expecting spectacular service. In fact be prepared to get up several times in the search for your waitress. I thought it was only the day we came until i just read the reviews below. I guess it's what this restaurant is known for.....horrible waitstaff. When our waitress finally came to our table, 20 minutes after we were seated, we stated we were ready to order to which she gave us attitude, rolled her eyes and said "ok i guess". My husband and I looked at each other confused. We proceeded with ordering our appetizer and main dishes.

About another 25 minutes later my husbands food came....not mine and we couldn't find the waitress to ask where my meal was, about another 15 minutes my food came out. But i should mention our appetizer that we specially asked to come BEFORE the main meal, never came. We asked her if it was coming still or were we being charged for it? Received a confused look and than it showed up. Which sucked because since we were already finished with our meals we were just making sure we weren't being charged for it, we weren't asking because we still wanted it.

After all that ranting, we were shockingly pleased at how good our food was. Normally bad service ruins the quality of the meal but in this case i'm glad it didnt. I always order orange chicken and i LOVE it when it's cripsy with the glaze freshly over it. Not soggy. This was superb! My husband ordered a thai chicken curry and said it was possibly the best he's ever had.

So all in all, don't go in expecting great service!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Their location is deceiving as it is up stairs through the bloomingdales shopping center. But once up there, there is a nice view of the lake, a large menu and the food was good. They had a special on cocktails so I tried something with Basil in it, which was very good. We waited for a long time for them to take our order, and again when we wanted to leave, so don't be in a hurry!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

would have never found this restaurant if we hadn't gone to dinner with friends. They are performing in Chicago and eat there often. The portions were huge, reasonable prices, a little salty service a little slow but overall not bad

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I would skip this one, at least the buffet. Maybe ordering off the menu is better? I may feel this way because I am more of a purist when it comes to Asian food. Imagine a meritage of Thai, Chinese, and Japanese in each dish. sorry. The server was at least very nice.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Great deal on the lunch buffet. Food was pretty good and service was good.