“Wonderful Happy Hour”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: State & Elm
Transit: Directly on Route 36 Broadway Bus. Located 2 blocks from Clark and Division Red Line Stop
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I went for Happy Hour last month and it was very good. Great Happy Hour Specials - drinks and sushi. The sushi was fresh and the drinks were delicious. The wait staff seems very knowledgeable and was helpful in choosing which rolls to get. Cool atmosphere. Go early. We went on a Monday night and it filled up fast.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went on a busy Good Friday afternoon. When busy, the service slows down quite a bit. I always sit at the bar, but even the service there was slow. My normal bartender, a grad student at ND was off. The gal was quite attractive but slow. Their selection of wine is really limited, with no Reislings, Pinot Gras or Sav Blancs to go with fish. Had the yellowtale, salmon and tuna and California Roll. Seaweed Salad is always good there. I will have to find out when it slows down for better service.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

RA sushi was recommended by our hotel concierge and was only a short walk away, so we gave kit a try. Wish we hadn't. Even though the place was almost empty when we arrived, the service was inattentive and slow. The fish was not the freshest, especially the tuna, which was rubbery and bland. There was a small selection of special rolls, and of these the Las Vegas roll was quite good. The rest of our meal however was unmemorable. The tab was h
igh. Won't be back.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Dined for lunch alone during the Christmas rush of shopping. Sat at the bar and had an enjoyable repoirtee with the bartender. I had the California Roll (11 pieces and good), the tuna shashim (5 of the plumpest and freshest pieces Ive ever had, anywhere), a bud and seaweed salad. Everything was great and fresh. I will come here for lunch everytime I am in Chicago. Talked football (Notre Dame) with bartender, a grad student there. Alot of fun. As the General said, "I shall return."

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Now...our daughter is the sushi queen. She has eaten sushi on 4 continents and when we enter any sushi bar, she is in total control. We had some fantastic rolls...we lean towards the maki sushi rolls. What can you say...eel, salmon, scallops, prawns, tuna, saki and beer,,YUM! I particularly enjoyed the flight of sake that included a local unfiltered sake. We have been to RA Sushi previously and we will return.