“Best breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Best breakfast and we prefer breakfast at home! Great variety; friendly and efficient service. We ate there every morning of our 3 day stay.

Date of visit: September 2019
Janet T, Owner at 3rd Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the review and FIve Stars!! Happy we could be your home for 3 days!! :)

Write a reviewReviews (257)

Reviewed September 8, 2019

This cozy café feels like classic Chicago (or at least how I’ve always envisioned it!). Warm, welcoming, and just the right amount of vintage feel. If I lived here, this would be my regular spot!

Food: excellent quality, no fuss or pretension. The hash browns are perfectly crispy, the “Betty” bene (hybrid of avocado toast and a classic eggs Benedict) was fabulous. Good food, wonderful and friendly service, and exceptionally affordable prices.

3rd Coast is truly a treasure and enhanced my Chicago travel experience in such an authentic way. Thank you to Janet and the staff that made me feel so welcome!

Date of visit: September 2019
Janet T, Owner at 3rd Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the lovely review and Five Stars! I am so happy to meet you and have you enjoy the coast! Come back when your schedule allows!! Janet

Reviewed August 6, 2019

This restaurant prides themselves as neighborhood friendly restaurant. They actually have good choices for breakfast and one coffee choice but the best coffee in town. The only thing I can comment on is that they have to replenish their table jelly spread. Locals just went to my table and stole my jelly spread without asking.

Date of visit: August 2019
Janet T, Owner at 3rd Coast, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2019

Hello Maribeth,
Thank you for the review, I am sorry you did not have jelly!!! So happy you love our coffee, custom blend from Columbia Street Roasters. I will work on the service and attention to detail!! Janet Thomas, Owner

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Doubt we would have found this spot if we had not been staying close.

We have breakfast and it was quite good.

They have a nice menu so want to try for lunch or dinner

Date of visit: July 2019

Thank you for stopping in, happy you found us! Our dinner menu changes nightly depending on what is fresh at the market, stop by if you are in the neighborhood again! Have a great week! Janet Thomas, Owner

Reviewed July 30, 2019

Each time we visit Chicago, we make sure to have breakfast here. The food is reasonably priced, creative and always delicious. We love their coffee as well and always bring home some beans. The staff and management are fantastic and really went out of their way to send us coffee beans via mail after we got home! Thank you, Janet!

Date of visit: July 2019

Hello Michael!
I am so happy you love the coffee. You are very welcome! Thank you for the lovely review and Five Stars! We look forward to seeing you again. Janet