“Warm carmel sundae-OMG”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stopped in here while doing some shopping on Michigan Ave. The place was backed up to the front door but surprisingly the line moved fairly quickly and we had no problem finding a seat to enjoy our sundae's.....which were out of this world. It makes me happy I don't live in Chicago or I would weigh 300 pounds.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We opted to spend our time and money here over the nearby Hershey's store. We were greeted at the door with a sample of a new chocolate. So off to a good start! We also discovered some varieties of Ghiradellis that are not carried much by retailers. So we bought some to try. They were delicious! The ice cream and Ghiradellis products they have are just tremendous. Plus, we went back at 1030pm for a late night sundae. They are open late! Overall a great place to get some ice cream or hot chocolate.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We opted at spending more time at Ghiradellis than Hershey's while at the Magnificent Mile. First off, we were greeted with a free sample of chocolate at the door. They have more flavors and varieties of chocolates than most retailers carry, so we bought several kinds of Ghiradelli's that we'd never even heard of. Plus, they have an ice cream bar that serves some really great stuff using Ghiradelli's chocolates. It was well worth the extra calories ;). They are open late as well. We went in at 10:30 to cap the evening off with ice cream.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Ghirardelli's is a great place to go for a sweet tooth craving when shopping in Chicago. Normally you are offered a chocolate square at the door just for stopping in. You can choose from rows of bags of several varieties of chocolate candies, or you can proceed to the cashier to order drinks or ice cream sundaes. You can order for dine in or to go but be aware that the seating area is very limited.
My personal favorite is the Decadent Drinking chocolate but it is not for the faint hearted. In fact when you order it, the cashier will ask you if you are familiar with the product. It's almost like sipping melted down dark chocolate; very thick, very rich. You can practically hear your arteries screaming for mercy. I had one once that I couldn't finish right away and put it in the fridge. When I got back to it, it was the consistency of pudding. A decadent indulgence to be sure.

2  Thank IMBELLE
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I usually come to Ghiradelli's whenever I am in Chicago! It is SO good! The ice cream sundaes are my favorite. Great for a late summer night dessert.