“Be daring, try the Decadent Drinking Chocolate”

Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop
Ranked #10 of 183 Dessert in Chicago
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
“Be daring, try the Decadent Drinking Chocolate”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Ghirardelli's is a great place to go for a sweet tooth craving when shopping in Chicago. Normally you are offered a chocolate square at the door just for stopping in. You can choose from rows of bags of several varieties of chocolate candies, or you can proceed to the cashier to order drinks or ice cream sundaes. You can order for dine in or to go but be aware that the seating area is very limited.
My personal favorite is the Decadent Drinking chocolate but it is not for the faint hearted. In fact when you order it, the cashier will ask you if you are familiar with the product. It's almost like sipping melted down dark chocolate; very thick, very rich. You can practically hear your arteries screaming for mercy. I had one once that I couldn't finish right away and put it in the fridge. When I got back to it, it was the consistency of pudding. A decadent indulgence to be sure.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank IMBELLE

• Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
“Love it.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I usually come to Ghiradelli's whenever I am in Chicago! It is SO good! The ice cream sundaes are my favorite. Great for a late summer night dessert.

• Visited January 2012
South Bend, Indiana
“Glorious Hot Chocolate”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Christmas shopping on Michigan Avenue, I had to stop in to treat myself. You should too! They have all kinds of dessert stuff that looked sinfully delicious. I got a simple peppermint hot chocolate. It was divine! Sipping it as I went from store to store really put me in the Christmas spirit. If you're around Water Tower Place, this is a great little place to chocolate-up! Of course they have all their retail chocolates available too. If you get out empty handed you're a better person than me!

Perth, Australia
“Hot Chocolate to die for”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had sea salt hot chocolate, so think and rich but delish... u may need a water to help it go down!!

Visited September 2012
Sioux City, Iowa
“Dessert for Dinner...Why Not?”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We decided after snacking our way up and down Michigan Ave all day that we would just eat dessert for dinner! It was a fantastic idea. We went with four people and each of us ordered a different dessert! It was fun to see all of the different creations come out! It was all delicious! I worked for an ice cream parlor before and completely respect them because that's hard and sticky work making all of those ice cream sundaes! Definitely worth a stop in but get ready to spend some ridiculous money on ice cream!

1 Thank Emily K