“I can still remember the wonderful scent!”

Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop
Ranked #12 of 195 Dessert in Chicago
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Walking towards dinner at Mike Ditka's Restaurant, we couldn't help but follow our noses into the Ghirardelli Chocolate Shop. It was the combination of chocolate and waffle cones being prepared for each customer in line for their ice cream. I can still remember the scent...it was wonderfully intoxicating (obviously, in a great way!).

We had no choice but hurry out the door, have our dinner and come back to enjoy!

We'll be back ASAP!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The store is small and the table area even smaller. Outside is better. Whenever we get there we split up one person orders and the other waits to grab a first come first serve table. Numerous times we order dark chocolate fudge (extra charge) and we get milk chocolate. The staff readily corrects but it is a hassle and can take a few minutes too get the new order. Also we have pointed out a small amount of ice cream and got additional brought to our table.
The ice cream in my opinion is worth it. We enjoy the cable car and banana splits. Really big and delicious.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I love Ice Cream and Chocolate. I love Ghirardelli Chocolate so I was excited to go to this store while visiting Chicago. Sadly, I was disappointed. I ordered a Caramel Sundae type thing for around $9 and I was expecting to be in love with it. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I feel DQ tastes the exact same.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Nothing is more soothing to the taste buds than a delicious ice cream sundae covered in rich delicious chocolate on a hot Chicago day. Midday, midweek we stopped by this chocolate haven and sat down to have a tasty ice cream treat. This location is bustling with people and loaded with tasty morsels of chocolate that you simply must sample. The ice cream menu is extensive and the chocolate is heavenly. If you love sweets, then you have to make a pit stop at Ghirardelli's.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Good ice cream, great location off magnificent mile, perfect spot to rest your feet after doing some shopping or a little ice cream time if ure staying at hotel in the neighbourhood, it is a crowded place but service is pretty quick, outdoor seating is nice, you get to absorb the atmosphere and people watching. If u need to burn some calories, the Lake is just around the corner, convenient location to catch buses and cabs.