“Been there twice, both great. Bread-lovers' delight”

Oak Tree Restaurant
Ranked #564 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First time just daughter and grandson, grandson ate all the bread in the basket almost by himself. This weekend we were ten with three young children. Service was fantastic, food was great. The assortment of breads you can buy and take home is worth the trip itself.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Restaurant is modern with views down on Michigan Avenue...Very clean....Good food.....Hungry Jack skillet was very fresh

Reviewed December 29, 2012

While staying in Chicago we had our breakfast in that very friendly and cosy place.
Food is extremely fresh, service is great, manager is helpful, kind and professional.
I return to this place every year due to the great experience:)))

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We eat here every visit for breakfast. It's good everytime. Our server was great. Wasn't really busy when we got there at 10 on a Sunday, but when we left at 11:30 there was a line and it was full! Omelette was huge. I love the fresh sourdough toast. They brought a sample of cinnamon sugar raises bread. We bought a loaf to bring home it was so good. Prices are on par with being in Chicago. It was actually less expensive than our hotel restaurant and the food was much better and larger portions. We will be back! I want to try lunch sometime as there are so many good looking choices on the menu!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my second visit to the Oak Tree and was not disappointed by the food, the service left a little to be desired. I had the French Toast with banana's that was wonderful. (enough for two) and the turkey sausage patties. My friend had the Eggs Florentine and she said it was very good. A little pricey, but well worth it.

If your there you have to get some of the kalamata sough dough bread, it is wonderful. If you buy the bread when you are there you'll get a discount. It is something that goes home with me every time.

Our server was not the best, but I saw other servers that were doing a wonderful job and even has some of them ask if they could get us anything. Wonderful view of Michigan Avenue.