“Small but Mity”
Review of Mity Nice Grill

Mity Nice Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Mity Nice Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #283 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: Pearson
Transit: Red Line - Chicago Avenue Stop, CTA Bus
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had checked out Mity Nice online and was impressed with the reviews. Therefore, we sought it out for lunch on a recent trip to Chicago. It's a hidden gem because you have to know where you are going in order to find it. The mall's food court acts as a buffer between this small grill and the rest of the mall. The wait was about 10 -15 minutes on a Friday afternoon. The wait was actually longer for the food court area. We really enjoyed our experience from the Cheese popovers made with Tapioca flour to the Oogave Root-beer it was a unique experience. I loved the flat bread pizza. Here in the land of the Deep Dish pizza I fell for a crust that was about as thin as possible. We split a couple of Acapulco Salads in our group of 4. They were fresh and tasty. The server was fun and friendly. It was a very pleasurable experience.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

With a name like Mity Nice, I didn't expect much; plus, it's in a mall. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, the service excellent and the atmosphere made me forget I was even in a mall. I would recommend.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Whenever we are down in the city and happen to be by Water Tower we always stop in for lunch at either Food Life or Mity Nice. This past Saturday we did just that and decided on Mity Nice. As I had just gone out for a big meal the night before I didn't want anything heavy; and especially unhealthy. We asked Matt, who is one of the managers, for some recommendations and he suggested the Superfood salad and the Salmon paillard. First the salmon. It was prepared with a mustard and pepper crust, but the mustard used was just the right amount which did not over power the taste of the salmon; which by the way was cooked perfectly and seasoned just how I like it. It was a special so not sure how long it will be available.
Now the salad. If you're asking what is a super food, well I didn't know so was educated by Matt and was told that the FDA has classified some food items as supper foods. Super foods are items that the FDA has deemed as very healthy and should be included in ones diet. This particular salad was composed of only super food items, which included kale, cranberries, almonds and quinoa and was served with a lemon vinaigrette. Now, apparently kale is the new "in" vegetable and I have sampled some kale salads before and in every experience I came away feeling like I just ate grass. This time though it was different and have to say it was one of the best salads I've eaten in a long time, and knowing that it is healthy is even more amazing. All the ingredients blended perfectly. The kale was chewy, but not overly so and the quinoa added another element to the salad. This was all brought together by the lemon vinaigrette which added the needed acid the salad called out for.
If you down in the city and want a great meal head over to Mity Nice, but if you want to eat something great and walk away quilt-free, you have to try the supperfoods salad.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Family was visiting Chicago. We needed to find a restaurant that offered a gluten-free menu and that took reservations, so we could have lunch in a timely fashion before heading to a show. Mity Nice fit the bill. We arrived at the reserved time, were whisked ahead of a long line of people who hadn't made reservations and were seated promptly.No wait for lunch on a Saturday! We were thrilled. Our server was friendly, efficient and attentive. She brought us warm, delicious gluten-free popovers and guided us through the gluten-free menu. The salads are excellent. The burger was a little dry, as was the bun--not great but because everything else was so top-notch, I still deem this place to be truly Mity Nice.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I found this place really by chance after visiting the nearby Hancock tower one evening. I was going to get something from the food court but Mity Nice was the only place still open. The guy on the front desk ignored me at first - I wondered if he did not really want a lone diner at the end of service. He did eventually find me a table but I was almost at the point of walking away. Serving guy was very friendly and helpful. He seemed to be sympathetic to someone sitting on their own and gave me the WiFi code without me having ask so that I could use my tablet. Veggie burger was good with a ridiculously huge portion of fries. Felt a bit rushed and staff were clearing up even though there were several groups still eating or drinking.

Been to Mity Nice Grill? Share your experiences!