“Great brunch”
Review of Bistrot Zinc

Bistrot Zinc
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Zinc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Red line to Clark and Division; #36 Broadway Bus
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Went here with my aunt to meet a couple of her friends for brunch as we toured the city.

First impression was that it was a slightly odd combination of modern-hipster and old-fashioned club, between the flower dress and headband on the hostess, and then the servers in their formal uniforms occasionally interrupted by a waitress wearing a flower crown. Whatever works I guess.

The waitress was very nice, and gave some great suggestions to our party for different drinks for those that wanted something with their brunch.

I had their quiche of the day, which was an absolutely humongous slice of leek, bacon, gruyere quiche. It might just be what I'm used to portion size, which is normally a little miniature quiche, but not something of this scale. It came with a small salad with a nice vinaigrette. All was great, but didn't finish the quiche, for obvious reasons.

Overall a very nice meal, though nothing extraordinary. In the future I might try one of their lunch options, as they looked a little more interesting.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This French diner has been here a long time. It is a neighborhood gem! Always love dining here. They serve the classics. Never had a bad meal. Brunch is a must. The interior is full of true French charm and the staff is kind. No patio seating but they open the big windows brining the energy of the street in. Great place to just drop in and have a fine French meal.

1  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed June 4, 2014

When I'm in a new town, I am always on the look out for a nice authentic french bistro or brasserie. This is definitely one of those places that made me happy. I studied abroad years ago, and I always get a nice nostalgic feeling when I come into a place that doesn't mess around. With the decor, and probably authentic building materials, I have to say I was impressed. By the end of the lunch I was absolutely stuffed, but extremely satisfied. Just a few things I wanted to mention. The escargot was amazing. Tomato soup, pretty good, and the lamb sandwich very impressive. I also had to go with the frites and a nice nutella and banana crepe at the end. Coffee and stella were great. Highly recommend getting there right when they open for lunch, especially on a nice day...you can sit facing the large open windows and do a little people watching while you dine. Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I am not much for lamb. But, I had to try this place as it was highly recommended. The sandwish was so delicious. It is a must if you like lamb!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We celebrated a birthday here. Loved that the ambiance was calm and quiet. We could carry on a conversation. The soup, main course, wine and crepe dessert were all delicious. We ate every last drop. The chicken pot pie was outstanding! The Chef said they were a "neighborhood" restaurant. Wish I lived in their neighborhood! Would definitely go back!
Maybe next time it will be warm enough to enjoy the restaurant with their front windows open...