“Top croque Monsieur”
Review of Bistrot Zinc

Bistrot Zinc
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Zinc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #251 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Red line to Clark and Division; #36 Broadway Bus
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This sweet little spot was recommended to us by a local. Enjoyed the atmosphere and service. The turkey sandwich with gig jam was average but he croque Monsieur was to die for.

There are newer reviews for Bistrot Zinc

Reviewed March 14, 2013

A gaggle of us ventured to North State Street to see why our niece was sooo enamored with Bistro Zinc. The warm and inviting dining area was the first thing that drew me in......it was a cold and snowy evening . We were seated immediately by our friendly hostess. Service was great, very knowledgeable and efficient. My first mistake was popping a piece of the baguette slathered in the deliciously creamy butter into my mouth and I was hooked. I have a tendency not to pay much attention to what other people are ordering, however I did notice that everyone made a happy plate of their entrees. I will tell you about what my husband and I hmmmmm our way through our meal. We both had the Moules Mariniers (west coast mussels in white wine sauce) which is an appetizer, however large enough for one person. It was the best tasting mussels I have ever encountered! The mussels were not those outrageous big orange things; they were the petite creamy ones. The broth was perfect for dunking that wonderful hunk of bread into. I recommend that you take the hike to Bistro Zinc. You won't be disappointed. Can't wait to return in the summer for lunch and people watch!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

A friend and I dined here fairly early during mid-week. The place has a comfortable bistro feel to it, with about what you would expect in terms of decor -- yellow walls, crisp white linens, and a zinc-covered bar. Our waiter was very pleasant and we opted for a couple of specials and a couple regular menu items. I had the Salade Lyonaisse, which was an excellent rendition with just the right amount of smokey bacon and the poached egg providing "nature's dressing" for the crisp frisee. The chicken and mushroom crepe was rich and delicious. The cherry custard turnover was a nice change of pace for desert.

This is not the kind of place that will "wow" you, but it doesn't have to. It does a fine job serving up well prepared French classics. How can you go wrong with that?

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Visited in November the food was good competent french cuisine. The atmoshere is good and the generanl ambience pleasant. The starters and deserts possibly better than the mains.

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I had the escargot for the appetizer, the anchovie salad and the roasted chicken. For a $48 tab w/o drinks the food was a little bland. I could've got the exact same thing a restaurant in Hyde park called Valois for a lot less and it'd tasted a lot better. Waiter service was decent, nice experience, but I won't be going back. The chef needs to work on that menu as well. Nothing stood out that I wanted to eat. Guess thats why the restairant was so empty on a Friday night.

1  Thank Jokernaut