“What a view! But the rest?.... so-so...”

The Signature Room at the 95th
Reserve with OpenTable
The Signature Room at the 95th is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Cross street: Chestnut Street
Transit: The Signature Room at the 95th is located at 875 North Michigan Avenue between Chestnut Street and Delaware Place. The closest El stop is the Red Line at Chicago Avenue. The CTA provides bus numbers 151, 146, 157, 148, and 125 with drop-off between Pearson Street and Delaware Place on Michigan Avenue.
Description: Located atop the John Hancock Center, The Signature Room at the 95th offers Contemporary American fare with sweeping views of Chicago. The elegant wood designs and art-deco interior create an inviting and intimate atmosphere for you and your guests. Our acclaimed cellar features 250 wines from the finest wineries. Watch the city lights glimmer in the night sky from The Signature Lounge on the 96th floor. In addition to our signature cocktails, we offer a gourmet menu with appetizers, sandwiches, and dessert selections. Experience why we are "The Restaurant Chicago Looks Up To!"
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went for the view... WOW, what a view! Perfectly clear night could see for miles and miles! Its a must see if you hit Chicago...

Now.. for the rest of it...
Waited half hour for a table, even though we had reservations, and showed up on time, a few mins before actually... Service as painfully slow... dinner was mediocre at best... high priced buffet style food... and my porkchop was undercooked...

I'd visit again... but for drinks only.... too many other great places to see and experience during the evening hours!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,860)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We arrived for our reservation, but the table was not ready. We were given a pager and shown to the lounge. After about 40 minutes in the lounge we were paged and taken to a window table.

Do Not waste your time or money on this restaurant. Our waiter "Javiar" was terrible. He took our order, the bus boy served the water and rolls. Two of us had salads delivered. And then, nothing. We waited for almost 2 hours for our meals. We asked Javiar about our food and he never came back to the table. Finally we went to the manager and he seemed surprised that we had not been served. He and a bus boy brought our food to the table. I had ordered the pork chop. When I cut into it, it was luke warm and bloody. We called the manager back over and complained. He took the plate away and said they would fix it. My 2 companions were finished with their dinners when mine finally came back to the table with the manager. Javiar came to the table and told me that he didn't think there was a problem with my food! How would he know, he spent most of the evening avoiding our table. When we had finished our meals, we asked for our check. They offered us desserts and coffee, but we refused. The manager came to the table with a complementary dessert plate (cost $25) with 3 desserts even though we had refused. The total bill was $136 without drinks.

Overall, we spent 2.5 hours in the restaurant and 40 minutes in the lounge. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. Don't waste your money and time at this establishment. The food is mediocre at best. The view is the only good feature at this restaurant. I would recommend going to the lounge on the 96th floor, buy one drink and get some pictures of the fabulous view. Follow this with dinner at another restaurant where you get good service and properly prepared food.

1  Thank Jennie328
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a very pleasant dining experience at the Signature Room. We mistakenly arrived early for our reservation and had to wait a half hour but that was our fault. It was a Friday night so they were extremely busy so that is understandable... again, our mistake on that one.

We were seated at a window table and the nighttime view of the city is absolutely amazing! You are definitely paying for the view here. The food is good but pricey. My husband had the duck which was just mediocre but I ordered a filet which was an excellent and my son ordered the salmon which him and my husband raved about. The desserts were pretty delicious. I ordered some sort of caramel tart with ganache that was unique while my son ordered the mousse cake which, well, when isn't that good?

My only complaint was the elevator. Upon arriving, if you are eating at the restaurant, you get preferential treatment getting into the elevator. On the way out however, you stand near the hostess station and it was a good 15 minutes or so we had to wait for the elevator. The area was a bit congested and after a large meal, it was just a little unpleasant to have to cram into the already full elevator. Unfortunately in our case, apparently several of our lift mates were 20-something-year-old guys who had probably been up at the lounge for a few-- one thought he was cute by continually saying he hoped he didn't 'ralph' on the way down, dude. Not really the restaurants fault I suppose, but it looked like there were several elevators but only one functioning. Might be nice to have one reserved for patrons of the restaurant.

I did not have an opportunity to visit during the day so not sure which is better but the city lights at night were spectacular. We would visit again if in Chicago.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

If you are visiting Chicago, you definitely want to check this off your bucketlist. The wait may be long on the weekend nights so you should probably set up reservations and get there early. You can park in the main parking deck and it will cost you about $20+ for the evening. Once you enter the lobby, a separate set of elevators will take you all the way up to the Restaurant and Lounge which is a floor up from 95. We have been more than once and enjoy it each time - the food isnt the best that we have tried but the environment, views, and ambiance make up for it. The Signature Room has breathtaking views of Chicago, Lakeshore Drive, Lake Michigan and the rest of the city with views from different sides of the restaurant/lounge area. Must check it out and visit when you are in Chicago.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The views are amazing!!! Bring your camera!

The drinks are a little pricey, but still cheaper than doing the touristy observation deck thing.

1  Thank xJEFFROx