“Bed and Breakfast Package”

Cafe des Architectes
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe des Architectes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 10,104 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Wabash (near Rush)
Transit: Cabs plentiful, Red Line train (Chicago and State stop), CTA bus (22, 36, Michigan Avenue routes, incl. 151, 145, 146, 147).
Description: Blending French elegance with the very best in local flavor, Executive Chef Greg Biggers prepares breakfast, lunch and dinner with the freshest ingredients in hand. Working closely with a number of like-minded farmers, Chef Biggers prepares cuisine that changes seasonally and centers around quality and sustainable ingredients. Not to be missed is Cafe des Architectes’ signature Cheese Ritual and comprehensive wine program. This chic Magnificent Mile neighborhood restaurant offers dramatic interiors by Pierre-Yves Rochon, featuring vibrant colors, overstuffed chairs, and dynamic lighting.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The breakfast package is to order and not a buffet like most place. For me the food is plenty and the coffee was great. Highly recommended if you stay at the hotel.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had one of the most amazing dinners there. The food was awesome and the wait staff was so warm and welcoming, making my evening feel so special.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Ate breakfast here one morning. The french crepes that I ordered were the worst that I had ever had anywhere! It was once crepe quartered filled with Nutella and served with fresh raspberries and blackberries. For $16 the portion size was ridiculous. The staff in the restaurant were kind of snooty I did not find this with the staff anyplace else in the hotel.

S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Cafe des Architectes, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Bonjour loveisbliss,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your breakfast experience at Café des Architectes. Exceptional service and product is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

It goes without saying that the entire team was extremely disappointed and saddened by the feedback you posted, and we do apologize for the disatisfaction that the quality of our French crepes and the service had caused during your breakfast.
We share those feelings for having failed to deliver our normal standards of excellence. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef, so that heighten awareness is directed to the issues you mentioned.

I hope that you will present us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Breakfasts are plentiful and delicious with a European flair! I don't know what I liked more: the delicious French bread and croissants or the oatmeal with fresh berries!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place is all class and elegance. It is really perfection. I recently came back for a tasting menu from the Alsace region with wine pairings and bread from a French bakery. The experience was outstanding from beginning to end. The service is of the highest standard, you really believe they will do whatever you need to make you comfortable! I think part of this is that they are located within the Sofitel. In fact, my friend needed a phone charger and they actually charged her phone behihnd the front desk while we ate. What service!

We started with cocktails which were very good but quite expensive ($13-14 I think). I had a light and refreshing drink with gin, cucumber, and elderflower. Then the tasting menu began. There is really no point going through the courses in the tasting menu since it was a one-time event, but if you ever have the opportunity to attend a similar event here in future, it will be worth it. The courses were prepared lovingly and presented beautifully. We had outstanding seared foie gras with a luscious maple flavor, perfectly poached fish, divine raspberry sorbet, and lots more. The beer and wine pairings were very well thought out and explained to us. It was a great opportunity to taste wines I wouldn't normally try (one Riesling came from a $180 bottle).

The chef and the sous-chefs actually joined the servers in bringing out the food and explaining the dishes. It was fun to be able to ask them about the courses and learn a bit more about what we were eating.

The room is chic, the food is excellent, and the prices suit accordingly. But it is an excellent choice for a special occasion. Oddly, on a Friday evening the restaurant wasn't full. I'm guessing because you have to enter the hotel to find it, there's less foot traffic. But if you are in need of an excellent meal and find most places are all booked up, never fear! You will be in for a treat here.