“If you desire flavors beyond your imagination and service to match, this is your destination.”
Review of MK The Restaurant - CLOSED

MK The Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chestnut
Transit: Chicago (Brown Line)
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The tasting menu with wine pairings has become my new favorite decadent meal. My husband had the ahi tuna, beautifully prepared and delicious. Each food choice and wine pairing was an amazing combination of taste sensations. Jarrad, our server, was very attentive, charming, and a pleasure. Samuel was delightful, as well. We will be talking about this meal for years, and will most definitely make a return visit.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Best meal for the trip... The French baguette is very good, which is usually a good sign that it is a good restaurant. My husband had the veal and I had the fish and lobster. Both of them are very good...

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Lots of Chicagoans forget about this place because it's been around forever, but they shouldn't. These guys consistently crank out excellent meals and have been doing so for years. And if you're not in the mood for a big sit-down dinner, hang out in the bar/lounge area...you can get 3 small bites + 3 wine pairings for $30

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Visiting Chicago on biz, I asked my daughter to pick a place she would never go to on her dime as a grad student, so I expected a higher bill! Compared to NY where I usually eat, MK was fairly priced for a 6 course fixed price menu with accompanying wine, and the food was awesome. Wine pairings also wonderful. Great friendly service, funky warehouse interior but not cold, sound level optimal for private discussions but no echo. $138 w wine and $90 without per person. We would go back!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I went here at the recommendation of someone. It was just simply an amazing restaurant. It was a business dinner (3 people) and we had the waiter rolling on the floor with laughter. A great time was had by all. The waiter was fantastic. Food cooked to perfection. Every recommendation they made was perfect. Amazing food. Would absolutely put it in my top 10 restaurants of all-time.