“Great service and delicious food!”
Review of MK The Restaurant

MK The Restaurant
Ranked #173 of 9,766 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chestnut
Transit: Chicago (Brown Line)
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with our meals and the service at MK.
My husband spilled his wine across the table and they moved us while they reset the table. I was embarrassed and they played it down and ensured us it was no problem at all.

The food was GREAT! Good portion sizes and delicious dishes for appetizers, main and dessert.

There was a good wine selection and the server seemed to know the wine list well enough to bring me exactly what I was looking for that evening that would compliment my dish choices.

I would return!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My daughter and I had dinner here on a busy Friday night. We Loved the beet salad, octopus, and morel mushroom pasta.
Our servers, Javier and Julio, were helpful with menu recommendations. Everything we ordered was very special in presentation and flavor. Chicago has so many fantastic restaurants to choose from, and I would definitely return to this one.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The food was quite good but the restaurant experience could have been better. We had an 8:30pm reservation but it turned out my husband and I was still full from our late lunch. We decided to skip the appetizers and just ordered an entrée each with a nice bottle of wine. Our waiter seemed bothered that we weren’t ordering more. Both my veal dish & the wagyu dish my husband ordered were very good. Neither of us wanted dessert which also annoyed our waiter. Since there are so many great restaurants in Chicago we aren’t planning on returning to this place.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The most impressive experience during our trip to Chicago.
The food was AMAZING. One of us had 5 courses tasting and the other from a la carte menu. The freshness of ingredients, the interesting combinations of them and perfect execution that made deliciousness beyond the words can describe, the creative presentations of the dishes, the pleasurable amuses and out of this world breads made it a true gourmet experience for us.
The service was impeccable and VERY professional.
The ambiance was light and airy with those high ceilings and had kind of "lofty" feeling to it, but at the same time was done very tastefully and absorption of noises was quite efficient, so we were able to talk.
Speaking about value it wasn't a cheep meal ($260 total) but was worth every dollar we've spent.
In conclusion: This is going to be our "must attend" every time we are in Chicago and recommend it to all to enjoy.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

A party of 8. Service was attentive, on cue, superb. Julio and Javier, you make a great team! Julio not only knew the menu, he was not timid with recommendations when asked. Every appetizer, the wines, the entrees and desserts were a palate's dream. The flavors, textures, true gastronomy! Recommend the homemade ravioli, quail and tuna tartare for appetizers; bison, wagyu beef, halibut and pork and shrimp entrees didn't disappoint. Cake and shake dessert looked amazing; rhubarb-y was tart but refreshing; others had ice cream and cookies. Beautiful setting, fabulous food.