“Superb and Authentic Spanish Tapas”
Review of Cafe Iberico

Cafe Iberico
Ranked #266 of 9,608 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Superb and Authentic Spanish Tapas”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Superb Spanish tapas as freshly crafted, from fine ingredients as you will find outside of Spain. Really solid food.

Favorites tonight were:
1) Galician Style Octopus pieces served on potato slices: Pulpo Gallego
2) Shrimp with garlic
3) Bread wedges smeared with crushed tomato then topped with Serrano ham and Manchego cheese

The only downside is this restaurant is very noisy and for me this is a big negative. I mean very noisy. This problem, however, is a personal preference and may not bother others. There is more than one dining room and I believe our party of four were seated in the noisiest.

My fellow diners, besides my wife, were out-of-town guests, restaurant owners and live in both Spain and the USA. My wife also has lived in Spain for a decade as well. The reason I say this is because these people are very knowledgeable and passionate about Spanish food. I have had tapas many times but nothing as authentic or beloved by true connoisseurs as these.

The price point is reasonable for this level of quality. It is truly surprising how quickly one fills up on less than a half dozen small shared plates.

I will become a regular at Cafe Iberico simply because I know quality and careful preparation when I taste it. I have traveled for a total of a month in Spain and it was as good as anything I remember there.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Beyond Satisfied Every Visit”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've been going to this place for over 10 years now. Not only is it located in wonderful River North, but it has consistently amazing food. It's Spanish tapas, but they also have entrees, and delicious desserts as well. The price is pretty reasonable for downtown Chicago, and I recommend sitting on the first level for a lively, multicultural atmosphere. You can come in casually during the day, but as it gets later, you will be a bit out of place if dressed casually (still, no one will turn you away)

• Visited June 2014
“always fun to share...food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

been here a few times...last with party of 15....great to share all items which were quite authentic (for america tastes) and good sangria (white---go for it!) and good staff service but slightly pushy trying to get us to buy more food than we could eat/drink....some items this time were bit greasy and they did not have any mackerel...overall a good time and food but be wary of staff pushing items...you can always order more after to try a few items... thus only average as food/staff not as good an prior times....

• Visited April 2014
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Not so great...”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very disappointed as it came with good recommendations. Menu was uninspired and food was mediocre. Service was surly -- really, we are sorry we bothered to come in!

Visited May 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Girls Weekend”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Price was right.... tapas great.... seating available for a big party! The upstairs room was perfect for a reunion with friends!

Visited April 2014