“Incredible tapas”
Review of Cafe Iberico

Cafe Iberico
Ranked #268 of 9,520 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Chicago, Illinois
“Incredible tapas”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Really good tapas. Amongst the best in town. They've also got their location nailed down which makes it very easy to get there no matter where you are in the city.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
East Grand Rapids, MI
“Authentic Spanish tapas.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

There are places to go where you can get more gourmet or more exciting food. However, when we really just want Spanish tapas that remind us of great trips to Spain, this in the only place that will do.

• Visited January 2014
Fox River Grove, Illinois
“Truly authentic Spanish food”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This one of my favorite Spanish restaurants because the food is truly authentic. (We lived in Spain for 14 years, so we know what the real thing tastes like!) We had tortilla espanola and pinchos de solomillo and both were stand-out great. I also loved the ensalada mixta with its beets, palm hearts, asparagus and other goodies, though they did add a more American dressing instead of the more traditional Spanish oil and vinegar. Service was excellent, with the server checking in frequently enough to be sure we didn't need anything but staying away enough so we could converse. The atmosphere is business and family friendly (seriously, it could be both). My arroz con leche dessert was huge; it's easily enough for two. On the ratings below, I left the "special occasions" rating blank, because it depends on the special occasion you are celebrating. I could easily see it for a family dinner, but it's probably not the place for a marriage proposal.

• Visited January 2014
Boone, North Carolina
“So so”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

the bacon wrapped figs were excellent but the rest of the meal was only so so - could of been we made some bad calls but I wasn't that impressed. The calamari had to be send back as it was so rubbery I could have played handball with it . the really small plates at the front of the room did look tempting and those are what I would chose from it I go back for another try. The service was outstanding though.

Visited December 2013
Iowa
“Best tapas in Chicago!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I love tapas, and this is our favorite spot in Chicago. Reasonable prices, great food, and excellent service! We'll be taking my family out here for the holidays.

Visited November 2013