“Delicious food”
Review of Ditka's Restaurant

Ditka's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ditka's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 9,525 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Cross street: Between Michigan & Rush
Transit: Red Line - Chicago Avenue
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Delicious food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our main reason for visiting this restaurant was to have great steak. The other reason was hoping to see Mike Ditka. We got a great steak but didn't see Mike. We had fantastic service from our waiter and the food was excellent, if expensive. I hate it when sides are a la carte but that's often the way in the better steakhouses. Great atmosphere, convenient location.

Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Wichita, Kansas
“OMG so good!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

First time visit. The flavor and quality is incredible. Mike knows how to do it right. My husband ordered the nachos to start and the beef was the best. Mouth watering and craving more. Our son is one of the most finicky eaters and ordered the ribs. He was in heaven and said that it was the best he has ever eaten. The service was top notch. Great atmosphere with the memorabilia all around. It is a bit $$$

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Nice Steakhouse Meal”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Was feeling like a steak dinner, I was staying next door at the Tremont Hotel so I decided to give it a try. Everything was great, but like a traditional Chicago steakhouse, my meal was $85 without alcohol for one person. Sure I could have had a burger for $15 ++, but if you go for a steak you won't be disappointed. I sat in the bar area in a booth, I loved the dark wood old bar feel atmosphere!

Visited July 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Worth It!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

When a bartender recommended Mike Ditka's as a great Chicago steak experience I have to admit I was skeptical. I was a tourist and Ditka's sounds touristy. Plus we were casually dressed and I had notions a nice place in Chicago wouldn't take us with jeans. But I was wrong on all counts. First, if you know anything about Mike Ditka and football you'll be blown away with the history and memorabilia. The football stuff is not gaudy. It's elegantly worked into all wood surroundings. Secondly service is on the ball - they want you take your time and enjoy your visit. We started with a cocktail before the main event and Ditka's has an excellent drink menu and wine list. We ordered steaks and yes, it was the best filet I have had in a restaurant. Medium rare was just warm in the center. The flesh was so tender I really didn't need a knife. Ditto for my friend who had a NY Strip. The steak was seasoned enough to compliment the beef, not overpower it. Try the banana cream pie for desert - WOW! Overall I would be surprised if you are disappointed. Cost per person for our meal with a bottle of wine was approx. $120

• Visited July 2013
“Just sensational steak and seafood with attentive and helpful waiters.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Ricky Bob walked into Ditka's and felt immediately comfortable. The atmosphere is perfect Chicago steakhouse. Nice bar. At the table, the waiter was on top of everything. I was debating their classic pork chop and the bone in ribeye. The ribeye won and it was just fantastic. The crab bisque that preceded it is an absolute must. Wine list is extensive and the waiters also know their wine. A really first rate joint. Will definitely return.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Ditka's Restaurant? Share your experiences!