“Pot Roast Nachos”
Review of Ditka's Restaurant

Ditka's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ditka's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 9,766 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Cross street: Between Michigan & Rush
Transit: Red Line - Chicago Avenue
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Three words...Pot Roast Nachos. Ditka's is a great place to get a beer and watch the game. The food is good. It isn't at all pretentious. It's in a great location. The service and the atmosphere are spot on. However, there is one item on the menu that cannot be ignored, cannot be circumvented or talked around. Ladies and gentlemen, the gauntlet has been thrown down in a big way here at Ditka's. The best nachos I've ever had in my life, and I've had a few plates of nachos mind you, was here at Ditka's. The plate is big, it is stacked and somehow the chips and the roast and the cheese and the peppers and other items are all so well arranged and so well done that nothing ever gets soggy or mushy like you might usually find with a dish this big. No, you peel of one chip and it's loaded. Then you peel off another, it's also loaded, also crisp with the moist pot roast on top combined with the jalapeno kick and layers of cheese, you will be confused at how good it tastes. So stop in here. Order the nachos and a beer and live.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I can't say anything negative about this place at all. I've been here a number of times and have never had a bad meal or experience. Top notch!!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

So I'm on a work trip to Chicago and so I'm feeling the difference between the subtle nature of Spanish tapas (in Spain) where I've spent the last two weeks and the full on no holds barred attack on the senses that is this fine city and it's cuisine. I'd eaten steak the previous two nights so plumped for the all American meatloaf which was incredible. Service was attentive and the wine list extensive and maybe this place should be rated more than very good but if you apply the checks and balances with European cuisine then I'd say there is still a gap between this kind of meal and a top Parisian, London or Seville restaurant. The overall standard of service is much better and Ditkas provides a top, top American dining experience. Top drawer as we liked to say

Reviewed May 17, 2013

After a great bar visit during New Year's, my wife and i decided that we would spend my birthday at Ditka's. Reservations were easy and we had a great seat in the lower section past the lounge with a view of a TV where we could watch the Knicks and Pacers play off game. Overall the food was great. I ordered the ribs and they were tender and juicy. My brother-in-law ordered the 2 steak filets with lump crab on top. Living in texas for the last 10 years, I was spoiled on steaks and ribs. I tried a bit of his steak. I think he just got a not great cut of meat. One seemed good and the second not so good. the crab was great. My wife, a vegetarian, had a custom, made-to-order pasta primavera with mixed vegetables. the pasta and veggies were cooked as specified to perfection. my sister in law got the burger and Cesar salad. she loved both. their scotch selection is pretty good and we noticed that all the glenmorangie's were the same price so we had fun trying their batch of scotch. decent pours also and much better than a dram. finished the meal with a chocolate lava cake which was perfection. the raspberry sauce on the side was spectacular and the center was nice and gooey. overall a great birthday dinner.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We've been to Mike Ditka's before for a casual lunch and really enjoyed it so we thought we would try it this time for dinner. Initially the prices looked a little high but we thought -oh well, it's Chicago! When the food came out, it was absolutely fantastic. The quality of each meal was truly incredible and well worth the cost. I had the baby back ribs, and given that I am very particular about ribs, I can easily says they were the best I've had. In addition, the service was outstanding which made the entire dining experience a "Wow". I highly recommend this restaurant if you want great food, at a reasonable price, with fantastic service and a very interesting historical sports atmosphere.

Been to Ditka's Restaurant? Share your experiences!