“It is what it is”
Review of Ditka's Restaurant

Ditka's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ditka's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 9,832 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Cross street: Between Michigan & Rush
Transit: Red Line - Chicago Avenue
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is a sports bar with food. I wouldn't consider this fine dining, but the hamburgers were great. A group of six had just arrived and checked into our nearby hotel and wanted to find something nearby. We all, for some reason, chose kobe burgers, although there is no such thing in the US, but the beef was great, the service was ok, and the atmosphere was bright sports bar. Loud, very loud, but a fun atmosphere. Just don't think of it as fine dining, just good food, festive (loud) atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Late night we walked in with 8 top without a reservation. Should be a nice bill. Once we ordered the service simply stopped. I am not kidding it simply stopped. They brought out our drinks and never came back, not even to refill water. The food was okay but it was late. Felt like we got the bums rush and staff wanted to get out of there....at 9pm on a Wed? Please! I had the pork chop and oyster shooter (highly recommended). The desert was pretty good I must admit. We were all out of towners and staff looked at us like we were almost trespassing. Won't go back unless a client insists.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I were in town for our youngest son's DePaul University graduation weekend. We ate at the downtown Chicago's Mike Ditka's Restaurant on Saturday night, June 9, 2012, around 7pm. Very crowded and very loud. We had made dinner reservations via cell phone as we were driving in from the Lincoln Park area, so we had to wait 45 minutes at the bar until our table was ready, ordering a margarita and 2 glasses of merlot in the meantime. Then for dinner, we were placed in the booth area up to the left of the bar. Our female waitress was rather aloof, impetuous, and rather impatient, acting as though she'd rather be anywhere except at the restaurant, answering customers' food menu questions! Then, my husband didn't like sitting in the booth, so the maitre d' nicely moved us to the white tableclothed tables to dining room on the left side of the reservation/reception entrance. Our male waiter was very accommodating, friendly, helpful with the menu item descriptions. I ordered the crispy tuna avocado roll (appetizer) as my entree along with Mike's salad (spring greens, goat cheese, apples, pecans, cranberries). My husband ordered the "Ditka cut" bone-in angus prime rib (medium), and our 21 yr old son ordered prime filet mignon (medium well). Also, we ordered 2 baked potatoes and a dish of burgundy mushrooms. No drinks were ordered at the dinner table. My tuna roll was horrible, dry and not very tasty; my salad was fine but nothing especially flavorful or 'unusual'. My husband's prime rib arrived undercooked and full of fat. While eating it, he looked like a dentist trying to excavate a tooth infection among the meat morsels. My son said his filet mignon was very good. His entree appears to have been the only edible entree among us 3. The maitre d' did return again, and asked if everything was all right, and if we were satisfied with our dinner table. Generally, I was not impressed with this 'famous' restaurant; nor would I return. Our dinner meal was $121 without tax & gratuity. (Earlier evening bar bill was separate.) This particular restaurant is certainly not worth "every penny"!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Pasta with shrimps: Linguini Diavolo .
Evan Williams Bourbon, single barrel.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Six of the people at our conference chose to gather at Ditka's the first night of the meeting. The out-of-towners were attracted by the Chicago-based name and the promise of a good steak. We were seated in a corner on the ground floor. The food was good - a little pricy, but what you would expect for the neighborhood.One of us had the calimari appetizer as an entree, and was very happy. I had lake perch, which was fine, but the creamed spinach made the meal. The others had prime rib, which they thoroughly enjoyed. We tried the "Mike Ditka" brand wine, which was a disappointment - rather harsh. Our main problem was that it was too noisy to talk to each other. Even the waiter had to raise his voice to be heard. It would be nice if Ditka's could do something about the acoustics in that room.

1  Thank Edam231

Been to Ditka's Restaurant? Share your experiences!