“Very good, but not as much as I heard”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #6 of 199 Dessert in Chicago
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed June 23, 2013

To begin with, I am not a big dessert fan, so I'll leave this part to other reviewers. Of course, there is much more than that, and for what I've heard, I had high expectations.
I had "just" the fillet mignon and the bread, and both of them were vary good. Still, I had better ones in Chicago and other places (and payed the same or even less).
The place is crowded, so get there soon. However, it is very well located. A visit to Chicago includes the Magnificent Mile and the Hancock, where the restaurant is, and this is a great advantage.
I would go again if it so happens that I'm with people who want to try it. But I can easily see better choices nearby.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,513)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had the vegetable pizza which I didn't really care for. We also had the turtle cheesecake and once again I didn't care for it. Although there is a huge selection so it's more of a hit and miss. I'll never understand why they don't have sweetened ice tea in the US. The guy thought I was a bit crazy. I guess they've never heard of Lipton Ice tea. The décor was interesting and our server was okay but not fantastic. I probably would go somewhere else next time.

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at a Cheesecake Factory, and it is very possible that it's my last. After getting to our table I looked at my silverware and I didn't have any forks, so I borrowed one from someone I was with. However, that fork was absolutely disgusting. It was greasy and looked like there was food stuck on it. One of the people I was with had a disgusting, greasy knife, too. After ordering drinks we asked the waiter if we could get a new set of silverware, and he brought two forks instead of an entire set. After examining the new forks I received, I saw that one of the new forks was gross, too. Then I was going to go to the restroom to wash my hands, but I thought differently after walking to the restroom. The floor on the way there was disgusting and almost slippery with grease, and the restrooms themselves felt grimy and they smelled awful, even for a restroom. Everything after that was ok; the food was good although the portions were huge, and the waiter wasn't too bad. I would not recommend coming here, especially because of all the other delicious restaurants in the area.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wonderful food and drinks. Exactly what we expected from Cheesecake Factory, they did not disappoint. Service was fast and friendly. Definitely will return the next time we visit.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

It wasn't a meal per se but it was awesome! I had a chocolate fudge cake I think (I had had a few beers!) and it was waiting for me at the hotel when I returned. Destroyed in seconds and it was delicious!

Been to The Cheesecake Factory? Share your experiences!