“Great steak, excellent service.”

Morton's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #257 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Maple
Transit: Clark/Division
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were inspired to try Morton's by a special 4 course summer deal for $49.50 we received, and the meal was delicious. You are welcomed with a big loaf of onion bread as soon as you are seated, and the service was warm and solicitous. I tried the tuna tower appetizer which was a bit spicy and came with chips, attractively presented and delicious. My husband enjoyed the onion soup, which came in a small cup. I ordered the Morton's salad which had roquefort cheese and egg, and was fine, not exceptional, and he ordered the tomato and mozzarella which had a big slice of tomato and a chunk of mozzarella. The filet's we ordered were excellent, although his arrived undercooked and had to be returned to cook more. They were so apologetic about the steak arriving at the wrong doneness that they brought us a second serving of creamed spinach! The first was enough because it was rich, but tasty. The mashed potatoes were a bit bland. For dessert we each ordered a soufflé, his raspberry and mine lemon, served with a creme anglaise. Both were nicely presented and delicious. Morton's has a reputation as a fine steak place, and we were pleased with our meal.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

For all you Canucks out there, The Keg is definitely better ---maybe because that's what I'm used to.

The service was amazing. We were there to celebrate our friends's birthday. The host/waiter managed to add "Happy Birthday" on our menus for that evening! Very nice touch indeed!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

food was excellent!!!! and so was the staff!! had chicken christopher & chicken bianco, some of the best food ever!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Maybe I had too high of expectations because I love Morton's in my hometown, but this location didn't impress me. The service was impeccable of course but the food was not at par with the Morton's I am used to. Maybe it was just an off day but my steak was overcooked and potatoes were barely warm.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I ordered the double porterhouse (48oz) $114.00, ordered it medium and it was brought to us rare. After we cut into it, they came back and asked if we wanted it cooked a bit longer. They brought it back about 10-15 minutes later, no change. Spinach and brussel sprouts were fantastic but mashed potatoes were nothing special. Bread and butter at the beginning of the meal was phenomenal though...as was our server, Steven.

Been to Morton's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!