“Not as good as other locations”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #247 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Maple
Transit: Clark/Division
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Maybe I had too high of expectations because I love Morton's in my hometown, but this location didn't impress me. The service was impeccable of course but the food was not at par with the Morton's I am used to. Maybe it was just an off day but my steak was overcooked and potatoes were barely warm.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I ordered the double porterhouse (48oz) $114.00, ordered it medium and it was brought to us rare. After we cut into it, they came back and asked if we wanted it cooked a bit longer. They brought it back about 10-15 minutes later, no change. Spinach and brussel sprouts were fantastic but mashed potatoes were nothing special. Bread and butter at the beginning of the meal was phenomenal though...as was our server, Steven.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Knowing this is the place where it all started, I was not surprised to find an unpretentious, elegant decor and a nicely stocked wine cellar.
The food was delicious, with aged steak and delicious sides (Asparagus, perfectly goldenend hash-browns and a very good Bordeaux.
And I was lucky enough to enjoy great company! The friendly Maitre was humorous and discreet, which rounded-up a perfect evening of celebration.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

It was a perfect night. We frequently eat at Mortons in DC and Bethesda so we figured we should go to the place it all started. Everything was perfect... the service, the real steakhouse decor/ambiance, the food - the tomato and blue cheese salad, the steak (Morton's steaks beat out all other steak houses) and hash browns, the wine selection and of course the Morton's signature molten chocolate cake. It was an unforgettable evening with my family!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at Morton's and was treated like royalty! The service and food was phenomenal!! It was a very personable experience, right down to the picture they took and gave us as a reminder of our celebration. WE would definitely eat there again!

Been to Morton's The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!