“Excellent Food, great ambiance - but pricy”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #245 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Maple
Transit: Clark/Division
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Just an overall great experience. The restaurant is surely on pricy side ... and yet, its usually full. I would advice making reservation in advance.
We had Steak ... and it was just mouth watering good. We also ordered Shrimp, some asparagus and mushrooms for starters. And all the sides were just perfect. I would recommend sharing sides and ordering 1 side for every 2 folks (kind of leaving enough room for main course). We had the help of Red wine :). Overall a must visit place, if you happen to be in Chicago.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Tried the blackened mahi mahi, absolutely delicious. The sides and starters were very good too, and the service was superb.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I prefer the original Morton's on State St as they are always "spot on". While I have never been disappointed in any of the Morton's restaurants it seems they alway go the extra mile at the original location. It could be a combination of great service and the aesthetics; the nostalgia of the "basement" dining room, particular decor, and amenities can't be matched for atmosphere. The steaks are always fantastic. The wine selection, cocktails (they always have my brand), lump crabmeat appetizer, and center cut prime ribeye are all amazing. Defintiely recommend.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I took my wife here after watching a Second City Show for her birthday. I wasn't sure what to expect.

My expectations were blown away. Period.

I made a reservation (always bad to take out the wife for her birthday, and have to wait because you didn't think ahead enough to make a reservation), and when we arrived, we were handed custom made menus, that were personalized with a Happy Birthday message.

Service - from entrance to exit - top notch.

It only got better from there. The food is so good that it is hard to describe, but it was very, very good. I enjoyed the entire meal, as did my wife.

For dessert, they offered a souffle for my wife. The first one they cooked up fell, so the server came out, apologized, and offered to either re-make it, or get her something else. We went for the re-make, and the second one came out fine.

We both had a great time. It was expensive, but with food this good, it was easy to forget about the price.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The dinner was delicious and so were the drinks. They were very nice there. They even took our picture since they knew it was a special occasion and that really meant alot to us. We had no complaints whatsoever and will definitely go back.