“Wonderful Breakfast!”

Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Breakfast!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Nothing beats the Original Pancake House! This was our first time at the one in Chicago and we were pleased. Our waiter was able to answer my dairy-free and gluten-free questions and the food was delicious. We had a great experience and would definitely recommend the Original Pancake House!

• Visited July 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Pancakes are delicious!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I are always looking for the perfect pancake when we travel and I think we found it at the Original Pancake House and for a great price. I was able to get a junior order of blueberry pancakes (3) and a side of bacon for a little under $6.00 bucks.

• Visited July 2013
Southend on Sea
“Best brekkie in town”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a fabulous breakfast here this morning. Simply fabulous! I can't believe the last review said the portions were small. Maybe for a large yeti. We are at 8.30, it's now 6.32pm and I'm still stuffed!
The Pancake House should have a far better ranking than it does because in my opinion it can't be faulted.
The service was fast, enigmatic, friendly. The atmosphere great because it was busy and the food was divine. Brekkie at its best!

• Visited June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Food - Overpriced for Breakfast”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Original Pancake House is an adorable, little diner in the heart of the city. It's in a nice location, and the area around the restaurant is beautiful. When you are inside, you don't feel like you are in the hustle and bustle of the city. I ordered the Blueberry Pancakes, which were amazing. The presentation was great, too. They were smaller than I expected, and I probably could have eaten three more. My husband ordered the plain pancakes and a side of grits, and he was still hungry afterwards. The portions are small, so make sure you order enough. For the two orders of pancakes and the side of grits, the total came to over $20.00, which we felt was expensive for a small diner at breakfast. The food was good, but I don't think it was $20 worth of good.

• Visited May 2013
Summerside, Canada
“A little GEM! Must try the famous Apple Pancake.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great little breakfast spot, and like previous comments mentioned, you can expect to wait to be served. And that always speaks as to whether or not the food is good. Great service, great experience all together. Had my 1 year old son with us, and they were very accommodating and family friendly.

• Visited March 2013