“A little GEM! Must try the famous Apple Pancake.”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #28 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great little breakfast spot, and like previous comments mentioned, you can expect to wait to be served. And that always speaks as to whether or not the food is good. Great service, great experience all together. Had my 1 year old son with us, and they were very accommodating and family friendly.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Their pancakes worth a trip to Chicago. Amazing place.. The building looks like a little house in the middle of the prairie. I ate the blueberry one and I experienced my magic moment in the windy city.

1  Thank La Squitty S
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were taken here by people who know Chicago for a real American breakfast - it was great!
This is not a big restaurant by any standard - you have to wait in a queue for a table and the tables are quite close together, but it is well run and the food is really good.
I won't go through what we all had (4 of us) but each meal though different was well made and very tasty, reflecting the American idea of a late big breakfast, and looking around most people there seemed to be there because they wanted to be there and were enjoying themselves.
I don't suppose that many Brits will read this but if you are and you are in Chicago go here, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Love this place for breakfast, they have the best pancake, any kind, with fruits, chocolate or anything, fluffy and right texture. Love the omlette, they made it different from other places.
Cute little house like, feels very cozy. Service was very friendly, very attentive with the coffee.
Satisfied my pancake craving.

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I went for breakfast and had the huevos con chorizo y tortillas. It was so delicious! The chorizo was so good! They had a lovely selection of teas to choose from also. The art work on the walls was lovely and the waitress was nice.
The only thing I did not like is that they could not split our check at the end so my friend and I could pay for our orders seperately. We just ended up spliting the bill down the middle. If you want to pay seperately make sure to say so when you are first seated.
I would definately recommend this restuarant! Cheap parking nearby too, which is a plus!