“Great Breakfast Place”

Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Victoria
“Great Breakfast Place”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Another plus review. This is a regular breakfast place which does a great business. The menu is what you expect it to be, the service is attentive and the breakfast was swiftly prepared and delivered. Coffee was refilled constantly. Good spot without surprises. I would note the crowd issue but I read the reviews here first and went early to deliberately miss them.

• Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food, service, staff!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Came to The Original Pancake house because of the reviews I read on Tripadvisor, and it was a short walk from the Hotel Indigo. This cute little restaurant could easily be missed - but good thing we didn't! Jodi - our server was friendly, gave good recommendations - got the southwestern skillet, and the dutch garden (we were warned of a 30 min wait, but worth it). The pancakes that accompanied the skillet was the softest, fluffiest, and most delicious pancakes I've ever had. Jodi came with all the different condiments, and the syrup was warm. I would definitely come back, and recommend it to anyone and everyone.

We came on a monday around noon-ish, wasn't busy.

• Visited April 2013
Franklin
“Almost worth the wait”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Of course we knew what to expect when we the decision was made to go and have breakfast here. It is very small dining area so the waits are notoriously long with no place to sit and in fact the line goes out the building. We arrived on Sunday morning about 11:00 AM and the line was indeed out the building. But with nothing else to do and the desire to see what the hype is about we stuck it out. All in all the wait was about 45 minutes and they did seat us mostly together. Three of our party of 13 had to sit elsewhere. We had told them we would be split up with no problem and it was not a problem.

If you go here, have the pancakes. Have something from their specialties. But go hungry or with a crowd so you can split the entre' because they are way too large for humans. The Apple Pancakes looked like you were getting ready to eat an whole apple pie. The baked omelets were stuffed to the gills with very tender centers and a nice outside almost crust.

I had eggs and sausage and pancakes which were good but not worth the wait. I should have gone for the gusto!

Our waitress was awesome. I cant remember her name for sure so I will not guess but she was accommodating, pleasant and attentive. She made the visit complete.

Do go. But have one of those specialty items. Go to iHop for pancakes and sausage and eggs. Its cheaper and you wont have to wait so long. Dont get me wrong, I loved it and so did my group.

Visited April 2013
Jackie0611
“Excellent coffee, fresh orange juice and perfect breakfast ”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This place was awesome! Great atmosphere, great food, great coffee - everything you want from a breakfast place and no queuing!!

“Still a great place if you have time to wait...”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This is still one of our favorite breakfast stops while in the Chicago area. Their omelets are amazing and my kids love the different pancakes. Whether they chose that apple baby or the chocolate chip stack, they devour it as if it is the best breakfast ever! There is often a wait, but even my husband says that it is quite delicious. His favorite - the French toast.