“Would Come Here Regularly If I Lived in Chicago”
Review of Nacional 27

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Orleans
Transit: CTA Brown Line or Purple Line Train to "Chicago and Franklin" stop
Description: Eat. Drink. Dance. Celebrating 10 Years as Chicago's original Modern Latin Restaurant featuring a fusion of flavors from 27 nations and islands from Central and South America and award-winning cocktails. Dancing from 11pm - 2am on Fridays and 11pm - 3am on Saturdays. Check out our website for our action-packed schedule of salsa lessons, live bands and nightly happenings including 'Dinner and a Show Tuesdays' and 'Wino Wednesdays'.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I combined several smaller appetizers (Tapas style) which allowed me to sample a wide selection of what they had everything was great from the Argentine Skewer my server Maria suggested to the Ceviche Platter to the Lamb Tacos. While I stuck to beer, the drink menu looked tempting with a strong rum based drink selection. The outside seating was also a great place to while away a nice summer evening.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We reserved a table for my 25th birthday. The crowd is in their 30's, which is nice. No teenie boppers!....the music is great! Didnt have any food, but the hennessy mojitos were amazing!!!! Super small dance floor is the only minus.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

on a past spring weekend trip to Chicago, my sister and I (and our significant others) chose nacional for our night out...the service was amazing, from reserving a booth in advance, to dinner to our evening bottle service...the food was also excellent and I cannot rave enough about the ceviche! after dinner we stayed for dancing until closing and although the number of people increased, the service never suffered.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I liked the drinks and the environment. The staff is friendly unlike other bars where they make you feel some times like you have to beg for a drink. I did not have food so i can't speak for that. Things to improve:
- Dance floor is very small for a late night place with Caribbean music. Come on! all latinos dance like they own the place, so there is not enough room. they should remove some tables to make the space bigger. Needs a little bit more of ventilation.
I like this place if you want to dance but you do not want to go to overcrowded hid clubs that are extremely noise. noise level is very acceptable.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I booked this restaurant based on the open table reviews and are so glad we did. We ate early on a Friday evening, so it was pretty quiet, but the food, service and atmosphere were all right on. My wife had a special margarita made with rhubard, and said it was one of the best margariata's she has ever had. The guacamole was creamy and delicious when paired with the warm tortilla chips. We shared a "flight" of ceviche, where we were very impressed with the quality and presentation of the 4 appetizers. The roast suckling pig in adobo sauce was absolutely heavenly, and was the best pork dish we have ever experienced.
We highly recommend this restaurant and can't wait to return when we are back in Chicago!