“As always good food”
Review of Nacional 27

Nacional 27
Reserve with OpenTable
Nacional 27 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,245 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, South American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Orleans
Transit: CTA Brown Line or Purple Line Train to "Chicago and Franklin" stop
Description: Eat. Drink. Dance. Celebrating 10 Years as Chicago's original Modern Latin Restaurant featuring a fusion of flavors from 27 nations and islands from Central and South America and award-winning cocktails. Dancing from 11pm - 2am on Fridays and 11pm - 3am on Saturdays. Check out n27chicago.com for our action-packed schedule of salsa lessons, live bands and nightly happenings including 'Dinner and a Show Tuesdays' and 'Wino Wednesdays'.
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Good food and good music. What more do you want. The caparinha was a little sour, but food was very good.

There are newer reviews for Nacional 27

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I visited Nacional 27 during Chicago’s restaurant week, which may account for its mediocre service. However, if you can’t handle the early seating in a full house on a Saturday restaurant week or otherwise that’s not a good sign.

Before dinner, I found the bartenders knowledgeable and friendly, which is always a plus. Everyone was happy with their cocktails with each of us trying something different. The dinner menu (full menu, not restaurant week) had many selections that sounded appetizing. On our four top we each tried something different and all of us were happy with the results. As appetizers, the mini-tacos were great… interesting flavor combinations in the variety of three that we chose. I would have loved that as an entrée. The entrée I chose, short rib enchiladas… were great. I tasted the skirt steak entrée as well and that was cooked to perfection. For desert I tried the Grand Marnier chocolate cake, which I found boring and not very appetizing. I guess that goes to show that you should stick with the Latin inspired desserts at this restaurant.

Service was sporadic, but friendly. Overall, if you like Latin cuisine you’ve got to check this place out… you may not think it’s the best food in the world, but I’d highly doubt you’d think its terrible. More likely you will find many enjoyable things on the menu at a reasonable price. We didn’t stay for the salsa dancing, but I can see how a late dinner that leads into this place turning into a salsa club might be an entertaining night out.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

The atmosphere at Nacional 27 is great. The restaurant is huge but the tables manage to feel cozy and somewhat private. The music played in the restaurant had good latin beats but wasn't too loud to be able to have a conversation.

The service was wonderful. There was a large amount of staff and they were all very attentive without being annoying.

The food was delicious, most of it is sort of an Americanized version of Latin foods. My husband and I shared a couple empanadas, some ceviche, and the beef tenderloin skewer, and it was all very tasty.

The price was a bit high, but it was what I would expect for a trendy restaurant like this. I would definitely like to go back if I visit Chicago again.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Went on a Friday night for dinner. After a full meal and cocktails the middle of the room turns into a dance floor where they move tables out of the way. It had great Latin music and was an amazing experience. Can't wait to go back and visit again.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I knew this place had a dance floor and a great night life scene...but my husband and I went for an earlier dinner. Go late if you can! As we were leaving, the party and music started and everything came alive! The food was somewhat overpriced but still good. Defintely not a place for a quite evening.