“UNIQUE, UNIQUE”

Cross street: Morgan Street
Linden, Michigan
“UNIQUE, UNIQUE”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

An experience you will really like or say so so. The meal is a 10-11 course of small 2-3 bite size items. Fabulous range of tastes and types. Try it once but it is only periodic visit. Nearly 4 hours of meals for a couples' special day. Service is very good, staff very knowledgeable. courses of wine are served also, if desired. I did eat some things, I probably wouldn't have tried else where. Very pricey even for Chicago.

• Visited April 2013

Lethbridge, Canada
“Imagination”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I can’t top the rave reviews preceding this one, so I won’t try. It was a wonderful evening, maybe the best overall dining experience I’ve ever had. Yes: once in a lifetime. But I have reflected on this meal and have come to understand why it was so special. The food was conceived first as an idea and then brought into existence. How frustrating it must be to have a vision that can never be made fully and perfectly real; a perfect thing that when created is less than perfect. Every night. Every meal. It requires a fantastic imagination, unbelievable stamina, and then real courage to continue. And I’m talking about food!

• Visited November 2012
Gardner, Kansas
“Not my thing...”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Once in a life time experience. Extremely pricey dinner, 12 courses over 4 hours. The overall experience was a contradiction. First you taxi to a seedy, dark, warehouse district, Totally unexpected considering the exclusivity of this restaurant.
Very small, crowed seating, you not only experience what is going on at your table but the tables next to you also...
What made the experience unbelievable was the presentation of the different dishes. I liked / loved most of the courses, each one was so unexpected and worth the trip. My favorite dish was the smoked oysters and the worst taste was the cigars...Michael Bolton was desert! If this is your thing...you will love it!

Visited October 2012
“Very creative cuisine and fabulous flavor experience.....”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Moto is a place of its own and you havo to be in the mindset to enjoy all the different flavors, textures, temperatures of each dish. Certainly the 12 dishes are presented in very unique ways.
I believe it is way overpriced and the service, while very polite and informed, feels a bit too rehearsed.

Peoria, Illinois
“Beautiful Anniversary Experience”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our 10th anniversary at Moto. It was a little hard to find as the signage was not bright, but once we did, we were treated to an intimate table where we sat side by side and watched a sous chef create the edible menu for everyone's first course. My favorite course was The River, which was a play on bagels with lochs. The dessert courses were outstanding as well. I've never eaten somewhere where there's a tasting menu and you get whatever they serve you. And I am a picky eater usually. But I ate things I never would have tried on my own, and really enjoyed it all. If you can bear to part with the cash, it is an experience not to be missed in Chicago. We are not big wine drinkers so didn't do the pairings, saving us some money. The most interesting dish was the palette cleanser... distilled jalepeno juice... all the flavor minus the scoval units. Refreshing!

1 Thank punkinpie79