“Good value”

Greek Islands Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 9,614 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Loop
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here, the restaurant is easy to find and no booking was required. The place was very busy but very efficient. Food was good, salad included in main course price. Delicious Baklava!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Oxfordians_13

• Serbian first
  • Turkish first
“Best Greek in Chicago”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Walking into this restaurant felt like being in Greece itself. The staff from the host to the busser to the server were at the top of their game and very friendly. Are server recommended a bottle of wine that was only 20 dollars or so and was actually quite delicious. Not only was this the best Greek food I've had in Chicago it was one of the most affordable meals I've had around here in a long time.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jmoney84
Chicago, Illinois
“first time in this place @ Greektown”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

we went with the whole family to this place for first time, My wife and I have gone to other Greek restaurants in the area, they didn't have my favority Greek beer (mythos) but I was introduced to a new one that I ended up loving it (Hillas) we get to try more dishes, my wife loved her soup and green beans, son and I love calamary, giros was a little too dry but still ok, spinach pay and dolmades where the turn off.. over all the atmosphere and the food would be like a 75% / 80% of a 100 scale...

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Greek cuisine and fun time.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Greek Islands is located in Greektown just west of downtown among a cluster of restaurants. This place has been in operation for over 40 years and is open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. It has multiple, nicely decorated dining rooms. The menu is almost overwhelmingly large and offers many traditional Greek dishes in addition to daily specials. My wife and I have patronized this place over the years because we like Greek cuisine, the food is always pretty good, and the prices reasonable.

We recently lunched there with a couple of our friends and started the meal by sharing the grilled octopus. It is made very well here and, as usual, the octopus was tender, flavorful, and not greasy. Next, my wife had the shrimp shishkabob that she enjoyed very much. I had the lamb chops that was one of the daily specials. The dish consisted of four good-sized chops that were tender, tasty, and nicely grilled.

The Greek Islands is a very popular restaurant and usually a fun experience. The atmosphere is very enjoyable and service competent and helpful. Valet parking is “free” but tipping the attendant a few bucks is expected.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ChiMike606
Arlington Heights IL
“Great restaurant in Greektown”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Greek Islands is a great restaurant with consistently good food and service. It is within walking distance of the Loop but has valet parking for those who drive. They have an extensive menu with the traditional dishes but also have chef's specials that are excellent. They have their own wines from Greece. Whether you are a couple or a larger group, you cannot go wrong eating here. They also can provide gluten-free dishes. One of the best bets for eating after the Opera.

• Visited June 2013