“Best food in town hands down!”

Greek Islands Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 9,548 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: West Loop
Chicago, Illinois
“Best food in town hands down!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Never had a bad meal here since I was a kid. Went with friends this weekend and the food was awesome!! Oil, spices, and fish flown in from Greece. Best lamb chops and #1 thing to order is the grilled octopus.

• Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
“OPA !!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

When I get to Chicago this place is always on my list. Food is fresh and the best greek food ever. Love all the appetizer and the ambiance is great. Everything is good on the menu and the service is superb and you are never rushed. Very Affordable!!!

• Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Greek food in Chicago”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Try the pork gyro. It's unique, and made from shaving the meat from the whole roast pig turning on a gigantic spit. You cannot go wrong with whatever you order on this menu.

Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Like Being Back in Greece!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been to Greece four times and absolutely love everything about their food. It's simple, light, fresh and delicious. I was in Chicago the other week for work and trekked out to Greektown on recommendation from a guy I was on the plane with. Random, I know, but the best thing e-v-e-r. The restaurant is huge, so it must be pretty popular but the staff was nice, the decor is cute, and I was as equally comfortable in my work suit as I would have been in jeans. I was a party of one since I was there on business, but the waiter did not spend any less time or attention on me as he did on his larger parties, which was nice since I absolutely hate eating alone. I ordered the spanakopita which was MASSIVE and so nice and flaky but warm and delicious that I ate the whole thing even though it was large enough to almost be a meal in itself. I had the Grecian chicken for lunch and it may possibly be the best piece of chicken I have ever had. In true Greek style, it was both warm and had dense flavors, but was light and simple. The sauce was olive oil based and just fantastic. The prices were decent, especially for being in Chicago and it's only about 4 blocks off the L Stop (U Halverston or something along those lines) so it's really easy to get to. I took the L from downtown near Millenium Park and total travel time including walking couldn't have been more than 30 minutes.

TL:DR:Amazing food, easy to get to, may actually move to Chicago just to eat here :)

“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

What a perfect night!! Extremely friendly servers. Always there before you needed them to answer questions and offer suggestions. The food was super tasty with lots of variety. Try the braised lamb in tomato sauce. The meat falls off the bone. Awesome place for an authentic great experience. I will be back!

1 Thank LadyLibra83