“Okay food”
Review of Parthenon Restaurant - CLOSED

Parthenon Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We used to love Parthenon but I think the quality has gone down over the years. There are better restaurants in Greektown.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've been dining at the Parthenon since the late 60's and in my opinion, it's still consistently the best Greek food in Chicago. In earlier times, my meal would consist of fresh bread, saganaki, (flaming cheese) which, by the way was invented here, a large greek salad with anchioves, and then a heaping plate of gyros. All this was washed down with a bottle of rodytis wine.
These days, I'm more "mature" and have lightened my meal to the greek salad with red wine vinegar, followed by chicken shish-ka-bob and a side of green beans.
Ahhhhh getting old is fun... I now order the carafe of rodytis.
We are always welcomed by Yana, the owner's daughter, with a genuine hug, and big smile.
Their food is always fresh, delicious, hot, and consistent. I go here at least 3 times a month and it never lets me down.
For a great Greek meal, in a warm, happy place, it's The Parthenon!!!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have eaten several times at the Parthenon. It has great Greek food and wonderful service. It is also on a street of interesting shops and cafes. We have enjoyed walking the street after our dinner.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I cannot say much other than the food and service were both good. We were with a party of 40 so individual attention was kind of limited, however, the servers did a good job for that many people. There was a set 'family style' meal but my wife and I ordered off the menu. The seafood was good - not 'great' but good and they were large portions.

The price was a little high but we were not paying so it did not really matter to us! Over the years I have tried every restaurant in 'old Greek town' and this is as about as good as it gets. [None of them have ever really impressed me as being world class.]

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have been coming here for 30+ years. Food is great. Strongly recommend going with a group and getting the "special traditional combination," $15.45 as of Dec. 2012. It's incredibly good. In fact, everything I've every had there is very good. This place has been around since 1968 and there are many reasons for that - the food is terrific, service is very good. This place is family owned. They serve a lot of people but they make you feel that they really care about you. STRONGLY recommended.