“Nice corner of PR in Chicago”
Review of Coco Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for salsa dancing that night, which was not going on, but we still had a great time. The food was very tasty and authentic, and the cocktails were amazing. Would definitely come back

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were at a family reunion in the Chicago area this weekend and we had to have some good Puertorican food so we went to Coco's on Division Ave. The food was great and the service even better. We were there early bacuse we needed to head back to Missouri so we were there at 10:50 for lunch. They had no problem, they let us in even though they opend at 11:00. I had " pernil , arroz con gandules and guineiitos en escabeche" YUMMMMM! I also ordered "mofongo" and enpanadas. Hey it may seem like we are pigs but that's ok we don't get PR food everyday, unless I ccok it myself. If you are in the Chicago area and want great food and great service you have to go to Coco's, I only wish they were closer to Kansas City.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Love the food but when going for lunch around 11:00 when they open , unfortunately the service is below expectations. The waitresses do not seem to be prepared. If the restaurant opens at 11:00 personnel need to be sharp and provide excellent service. The food was super extra excellent. Kitchen was prepared to serve great food with fabulous presentation. Oh my goodness I have to go before I get hungry.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

As soon as I landed in Chicago, I wanted to eat Puerto Rican food. Coco was recommended by the Concierge at the hotel and although it was a $40 cab ride, I was anticipating a great experience. I should have walked out when I noticed only 2 others there and when the server told me they had no PR coffee, nor Lechon, but I still waited. After 45 min, we were getting ancy b/c the server disappeared and still no food, bread or even the coffee ordered. I asked the mgr what was going on & he too seemed surprised that we had not eaten. Ten minutes later, the Churrasco arrived, charred and tasteless. I returned it and paid for rice/mofongo. Another $40 cab ride but we shared our experience w/the hotel. Never again, the server did not even apologized, worst customer service.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have eaten twice at COCO and both times I was not disappointed. Great service and great food with a great atmosphere. Kitchen can be a bit slow but overall, I like this place.