“Straight off the train”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Cross street: Milwaukee Street
Transit: Located underneath the Damen Blue Line stop. Steps from the intersection of North, Milwaukee, and Damen.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We arrived in Chicago and had some delays checking into our hotel. My friend and I were stoked about venturing in Wicker Park. By the time we got there we were ravenous & aching for a beer. This little gem was right there when we exited the train. Ice cold beer, great burgers, super friendly & helpful waitress, and some local eye candy (aka cute guys, you get it). The place was not overly crowded or noisy, just a nice, comfy bar.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been to Blue Line a couple of times and the quality of service, food, and drinks has always been very good. I also love being able to play board or other games at a bar (I think it speaks loudly to the attitude of a place, and it's an attitude that I happen to dig)! This is a great option when Big Star and/or The Violet Hour is not worth the wait (which is frequent), but also check this place out on its own accord. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our son took us to this place after sharing about their "different" martinis. He was quite right! We would normally not consider a martini as a viable cocktail choice, but these were different. Choices include such names as "Peanut Butter and Jelly", "Passion Fruit", and "Coco Loco", to name a few. The names aren't far from what they taste like, and the options go on and on. But the food wasn't bad either, and the atmosphere fairly energetic for this vibrant neighborhood of Chicago. It can be a busy place, so don't be in a hurry if you want a table for dinner.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

When we were looking on the menu outside this sport's bar, we were told that the food was good and the drinks even better. So we decided to go in, found ourselves a table, and ordered a cocktail from the long list of martinis, cocktails and other drinks. I chose the blue line burger, which was served with a nice portion of garlic fries. My wife had a lamb burger, both good choices. As usual in a bar, conversation is a bit difficult because of the music and the commentary on the games that were broadcasted.

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

I like this place for the bar staff. It's got a good vibe and the food is much better than standard bar food. The patrons are friendly so it makes for a nice stop

Been to Blue Line Club Car? Share your experiences!