The Handlebar
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 3, 2012

What a great place for breakfast and lunch. Each of us had a different dish from eggs to salad. It was a beautiful day, so we were lucky that we got to sit outside.The bloody Marys were great loaded with veggies..and you can get a beer chaser for a buck! Have you ever had fried pickles?? try them. Nice wait people. But no "call aheads"..I think that means no reservations so you might need to wait a little at busy meal hours. we went at 2pm so we got right in. I also was told it was refered to the best hipster place to eat for miles!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you're looking for a great lunch spot in Wicker Park, head over this neighborhood joint. With many healthy and tasty-sounding options on the menu, I had a difficult time deciding what to order, especially since the breakfast menu is available all day, but I ended up with the Green Meanie with avocado, goat cheese, spinach, and sprouts on multigrain which was excellent. Oh, and if the weather's conducive, be sure to sit on their patio out back.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant with friends for the first time this weekend based upon a suggestion from a friend. Based upon reviews online, we anticipated a lengthy wait for a group of four to be seated. However, we were seated immediately. Our server was very attentive. The food arrived quickly to our table. I ordered a bowl of veggie chili and a side of the gouda mac and cheese. Both were delicious! The waiter even brought extra chips to our table for our entire group to try the chili. Each member of our group enjoyed their entrees. We are anxious to go back and try out the brunch menu. The only complaint is that we had three different waiters try to clear our table within five minutes. I understand the need to turn tables quickly however the restaurant was not busy and no one was waiting for a table.

Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

I loved this place. A friend suggested brunch here on Saturday and the food was great! I had the chimichanga and loved it. It was hot with just the right amount of spice. The waiter was very good and helpful with his suggestions. Next time I'm in Chicago I plan to go down to Wicker park to eat here again.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Went with a mixed group on a Sunday evening - great patio out back, food universally loved - the fried avocado tacos, fish tacos, shrimp and grits, chili cheese fries all great. "The bomb.com" according to one member of the group. Laid back wait staff, a green mentality (watered the plants with the leftover water in carafes on the table, saved your straws for the drink refills), and plenty of ink all over the customers. The wait for food was kind of long, but we weren't in a hurry and they're quick with the drinks so who cares?

Been to The Handlebar? Share your experiences!