“INTERESTING FOOD!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Cross street: Logan Blvd.
Transit: Logan Square- Blue Line
Description: Since 1999, Lula has served locally sourced creative cuisine in a relaxed cafe setting from Chef Jason Hammel.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

3 of had dinner at Lula in mid July and the food and service were great, with some incredible combinations! For starters we had blackened cauliflower, a radish small plate and pasta Yiayia!
If you don't try all 3 you are missing some really interesting flavor combinations. The pasta and radish dishes were recommended by our server and I am so glad she mentioned them. I am not even a radish fan, but it was such a taste treat! For entrees we had the Arctic Char and the pan roasted chicken and both were top notch! Overall a great experience and we will definitely return!

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I am seriously impressed. I wish I had tried Lula Cafe sooner! Loved the Brunch Menu which also made it difficult to decide what to order. Ended up trying the Bread Pudding French toast which was so good.
Only thing which I thought was ok was the coffee which was average.
Otherwise this is a great place with indoor and outdoor seating & pricing is reasonable.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Went for dinner on Father's day and had a wonderful meal. My kids are huge foodies and really enjoy going out for nice meals. The staff was very friendly and treated my 10 and 13 year old kids as if they were real people. Something not all restaurant staff do. We ordered sweetbreads, beet bruschetta, beet fried dough, the cheese platter, Mint Creek Goat stew(2), Pasta Yia Yia, and Arctic Char. The fish was a real standout as it was cooked to absolute perfection. The combination of flavors was creative and memorable. The goat stew was fabulous, creative and satisfying. In fact everything we ate was perfectly presented, cooked and seasoned. We were completely full and happy when we left.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I found this gem in a Google search for "quirky restaurants in Chicago". I wanted a more vintage looking Chicago place with quality food and reasonable prices to celebrate my artsy daughter's 18th birthday. Lula Cafe was perfect! We went on a Sunday afternoon with a party of 4 and the place was crowded, but we were seated right away. I loved the table water served to us in a green glass bottle and vintage glasses. We had the
BEET BRUSCHETTA: marinated kale, smoked pecans, shaved red onion, whipped goat cheese; also The "Royale": a crispy soft shell crab, ramp tartar sauce, arugula, white cheddar, farm egg on a light challah type , and the
CHILLED PEANUT SATAY NOODLES with
marinated tofu and seasonal pickles.
All three dishes were delicious!
We loved the decor and the atmosphere. My daughter enjoyed her celebration. We will most definitely return to try even more of the interesting and creative menu selections.

1  Thank Felicia-Marie N
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Friends of ours suggest us to go there , with a bit of time coming from the downtown, by the good metro it's easy to find , but- pay attention- it's necessary to reserve a table before going .
We got a little table in a romantic position close to an old piano, candel on the table and....very few light! ....Romanticism it's ok, but should be interesting see your meal!!! yes, quite dark, but really good .

Been to Lula Cafe? Share your experiences!