“Amazing Food ! Inventive !”
Review of Lula Cafe

Lula Cafe
Ranked #151 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Cross street: Logan Blvd.
Transit: Logan Square- Blue Line
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I visited Lula Cafe while in Chicago seeing friends. We are from New York, so we know what a great restaurant looks like - and Lula Cafe is a great restaurant. Between the four of us, we had a vegetarian tasking menu and half of the menu. Lula is inventive, relaxed, affordable and gourmet. The food is exquisite.

This restaurant is an outstanding value.

When we come back to Chicago, we are coming back to Lula Cafe.

1  Thank adamlipson

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The atmosphere was great. The food was okay. I made clear to the waiter that I had a gluten allergy, he helped me select dishes, and food ended up on my plate containing gluten (which I only determined after eating a bite). That was disappointing.

1  Thank Cal B
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Were lucky enough to get into Lula's without a reservation on a Saturday night. One of the best meals I've ever had, and I'm pretty jaded. Everything was delightful and creative from start to finish; savoury apple soup, elk gnocchi, sweet potato pie: each dish featured thoughtfully chosen, locally sourced garnishes. The wine list was unexpectedly affordable and the vibe was laid back and the volume refreshingly low.

1  Thank Kim F
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived in Chicago, late, and in the rain. This restaurant is a short walk from the Logan Square stop on the blue line. I found it easily using my Android smart phone. This is an unpretentious restaurant with great food! The staff was helpful and friendly. A little pricey but not offensive. Definitely worth it!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The menu is interesting, not for the faint of heart both in interesting dishes + there's lots of food to eat. Well prepared, fresh ingredients, service was efficient, but not overly friendly (nothing bad though).

However, the most interesting aspect of this resto is the beer and wine list. I didn't recognize a single beer or vineyard, great selection to challenge the taste-buds.

Lots of locals, a tad off the tourist track in a gentrified 'hood. Prices very reasonable.