“What an awesome ice cream, candy parlor”
Review of Margie's Candies

Margie's Candies
Ranked #29 of 182 Dessert in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Mich
“What an awesome ice cream, candy parlor”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Read about this place in 500 places to eat book. Had a turtle sunday. It was delicious. Came with a side of hot chocolate to add yourself. Under $5. They have 2 locations. Put them on GPS and see which is close to you. Good place for an afternoon snack or a nice ride. Worth at least a 15-30 minute drive out of your way.

Visited May 2013

Chicago
“Best Ice Cream in Chicago!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just my opinion...BEST ICE CREAM AND CANDY IN CHICAGO! We've been coming here for 25 years. Margie, yes the real Margie was behind the cash register all the time. What a great lady.

I used to come here a lot more often when I got to work out every day and had the metabolism of a 25 year old but not any more. So I guess it means even more that when we go for ice cream around home it's Margie's or Homer's.

I know it's cheesy but every Sweetest Day (stupid Hallmark holiday but the very first date with my wife many years ago so I'm forced to commit it to eternal memory) I get a box of candy for her. Of all the choices we have here in the big city, this is where I go.

They have food here but I've never had anything else but ice cream and candy. I'm a strawberry milk shake guy.

Parking is lousy in a transitioning neighborhood, but Margie's is outstanding.

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Solid for the neighborhood”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Don't bother coming here from downtown, it's not that great. If you can walk here COME HERE. Solid diner and ice cream place. Good candy to take out and ok lunches and sammies. The ice cream is just the same as everyplace, but with much cooler dishes to serve it. The tables and booths are SMAAAAAL, and not just for a fatty like me, small for normal people too. Prices, ugh. Service, meh. Easy street parking.

• Visited October 2012
vermont
“HOLY ICE CREAM BATMAN”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Cool...very cool place...good service and fantastic ice cream...what to order OMG they have a menu full of ice cream...if I lived around here I would weigh 500 lbs LOL. You got to try this place for a little treat...

• Visited July 2012
New Jersey
“Hot Fudge”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Everytime I visit Chi-Town, I must visit this place! Simple ice cream sundaes with warm hot fudge that I could rub all over my body. This place is always packed, but well worth it!

Visited August 2012