“Rude, Rude, Rude !!!!”
Review of Le Bouchon

Le Bouchon
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #724 of 9,812 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I ate there in February. We started at the bar and, upon being seated, tipped the bartender. The bar bill was transferred to our table. I tipped 18% on a a $150 bill, minus the bar bill. Our waitress asked if her service was satisfactory. I said that it was, with the exception of cold (room temp.) potatoes. She said that my tip was not up to her expectations, and that we had to leave the table for another party. It was after 10:00 p.m. and no other party in in the restaurant. There are many french bistros in Chicago and Le Bouchon is at the bottom of my list.

1  Thank stephenN770

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Quaint french restaurant. It is a bit crowded as it is small and the acoustics could use some improvement - it was a bit difficult to carry on a conversation at our table of 5 - a smaller group would probably be able to converse more easily due to closer proximity to each other.
We had reservations and were seated immediately. The service was prompt and everyone was friendly. The food was reasonably priced and good.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

My husband, son & I went to Le Bouchon to celebrate our son's recent promotion. I ordered the pix fixe steak menu medium rare with French onion soup & apple tart. The soup was the only part of the meal I enjoyed. The steak came out medium well; the server never came by to ask how it was but I did express displeasure to the other server. When the bill was presented by the original server I explained that the steak was too well done. She apologized but did not offer anything off the bill or a cocktail. Very disappointed and don't think we will be back.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Simple, well prepared food in a cozy space. Can be crowded on weekends. Bistro fare like roast chicken and mussels are great.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

An out-of-town cousin visiting over the holidays treated my husband and I to a great meal at Le Bouchon. We just happened to dine at this busy French bistro on a Tuesday evening, which turns out to be its special $27.50 prix fixe night, allowing choice of any appetizer, entree and dessert on the menu for one easy price.

I took a chance by ordering rabbit for the first time on my life. It was outstanding. I'm a new fan, and I'm sure it's also because Le Bouchon cooked it so deliciously. The veggies, pasta and sauce underneath the rabbit made it a complete meal. The escargot appetizer was good, but I'm used to eating snails out of the shell. These came in little cubbies on a dish. My husband ate chicken and cousin had a lobster mac-and-cheese. All great. My dessert was fresh berries with a sweet, Devonshire creamy sauce gently ribboned over. Just enough to satisfy a sweet tooth. Ran into some friends there as well who raved about the bouillabaise. After our evening, my husband wants to take me back for my birthday. I am more than willing. Tip: time your meal later in the evening as this place gets really busy.