“Over Rated”
Review of The Rosebud

The Rosebud
Reserve with OpenTable
The Rosebud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #258 of 9,675 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: University Village / Little Italy
Cross street: Laflin Street
Transit: CTA Pink Line - Polk Stop / Ashland Bus #9 at Taylor
Description: Located in the heart of Little Italy, The Rosebud is where it all began. With its classic Italian-American dishes and charming atmosphere, this is the Rosebud location that started a legend and became one of Chicago's most exciting destinations. With every bite of its iconic dishes-from the Chicken Vesuvio and Square Noodles to the baked clams and our tiramisu-you'll know why The Rosebud has been a favorite spot for food lovers and world-famous celebrities for 40 years. "Keep it simple, keep it good, and keep it coming" has been Alex Dana's philosophy since he first opened The Rosebud, and that philosophy has not wavered. At The Rosebud, with its delicious cuisine, generous portions, and celebrated hospitality, you'll get a taste of Chicago's history. And you're welcome any time.
“Over Rated”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Wow, this restaurant was disappointing. First, our waitress was at a "10", super peppy and racing through everything. Second, one person in our party ordered an appetizer (soup, is soup really considered an appetizer?), and everyone else at the table had to wait for the soup to arrive, then wait some more to order our meals!?! Finally we ordered and when the food arrived it was only okay. You could go to the Olive Garden and get the same tasting food for less. Overall, unimpressed with the food and service. Go somewhere else if you are in the mood for Italian.

• Visited January 2013

Park Ridge, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Iguess it depends”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I make a point of coming here when I visit the loop... which isn't often. I've been here 4 * in the past 3 years. for lunch or in the late afternoon.. the service is always outstanding the food is very good in the wine is excellent every time.

Chicago
“Home cooking kind of Italian”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Every time I go to Rosebud, I feel like I'm eating at my Italian friends house. Food is delicious, portions are large, and quit reasonable. Relaxing conversation. Can sit there for hours and not realized it

Bridgewater, Canada
“The BEST lasagna I have ever had !!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

As a group of 4 sisters spending the night in Chicago. We went to Rosebud's , by suggestion from a friend , who grew up in Chicago, and is Italian ! We caught a taxi, and we went with no reservation. WOW !! He was right. The best lasagna I have ever eaten ! I even had to leave some behind because the portion was HUGE !! I would highly recommend this restaurant. It will be a tradtion for me, when I travel back to the windy city !!
The service was great !

• Visited December 2012
New Jersey
“Good Food...Poor Service”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our first night in Chicago after experiencing so many wonderful things, we were a little tuckered out and didn't feel up to dresssing for dinner. The Concierge at our hotel recommended a restaurant nearby; the Rosebud. It was within walking distance and the decor was lovely. Unfortunately, our waiter seemed either too busy or unimpressed by our dress to afford us the attention of some of his other customers. I believe that his name was Michael but quite frankly at this point don't remember. Our table was near the piano bar and we were enertained by a trio of musicians while we dined. What I would suggest is that if this is his regular station that you asked to be seated elsewhere.

Visited November 2012