“nice but not outstanding”

RoSal's Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
RoSal's Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #411 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: University Village / Little Italy
Cross street: Racine
Description: Celebrating 27 years in the neighborhood! RoSal's is about wonderful Sicilian food served in abundant portions. About remembering the sounds, aroma & flavors of the "old neighborhood". About a way of life for people who really appreciate their food & have come to expect great varieties of pasta, fish, cheese, meat and breads. The same variety and quality that make a journey through Italy & through RoSal's Italian Kitchen so rewarding. Please join our family for dinner or book a private party. We look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

By watching what you order, you will have a better experience.....calamari was excellent, good bread, tiramasu was outstanding....skip the fried pasta with shrimp...nothing special and only 5 shrimp....the owner was pleasant to talk with but says he never pays attention to trip advisor....too bad since he may learn somethings....the veal was very good.....probably would not go back when in Chicago again

There are newer reviews for RoSal's Italian Kitchen

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Small neighborhood place, delicious food, reasonable prices...everything cooked to order..we'll definitely be back

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went there for a special occasion; ( wedding anniversary) and was very pleased. The food was absolutely great! Had never been here before and was glad to have gone. Would recommend this place and will certainly return. Staff was warm & friendly.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The menu has all of my favorites, including tartuffo and limoncello. We enjoyed the lasagna as well as the chicken carbonara. I have to go back and try everything.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've been there many times over the years. Caprese salad is exceptional.
The menu has expanded to include more fish dishes. I especially like the perch which has been a staple.Tried the salmon last night and I must say I was disappointed. It was a mediocre filet atop an assortment of vegetables.

Unfortunately the service left a bit to be desired as well. I made a reservation weeks in advance for a first floor table (restaurant has 2 levels). When I arrived we were seated near the front door which was breezy and congested. When we asked to move to a better location the waitress accommodated us. However after getting settled we were told that table was reserved and told we could have our original table. When I commented I had made reservations (through Open Table) several weeks ago, the waitress had no comment. We eventually ended up going to the second floor where we were offered an oddly shaped - long rectangular table - set up for two. Asked to be seated at another table . We started with the Caprese salad which was exceptional as usual. After the main course we ordered dessert and asked for hot tea and my dining partner requested coffee. I received a half pot of tea and the coffee took an inordinate time. Waiter apologized about the long wait for the coffee stating they had to put another pot on. After getting the check, the waiter came by twice to collect . Even though he apologized each time we couldn't help but feel we were being rushed.

Maybe they were having a bad night but it will be awhile before I go back on a Friday night.