“A must-have whenever we visit Chicago”

Original Rainbow Cone
Ranked #23 of 193 Dessert in Chicago
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Beverly
Reviewed December 22, 2011

As someone who was born and raised in Chicago I have a few things I must have when I return for a visit -- a Chicago-style hot dog and a rainbow cone. My wife, who is from Philadelphia was astonished the first time we went to the Rainbow Cone, saying she couldn't eat that much ice cream. Yes she could! Used to be the place you took a date. If she didn't like the Rainbow Cone she wasn't worth dating again. My wife passed the test.

Good ice cream, interesting variety of flavors, staff willing to talk about the history of the place. A piece of Chicago memorabilia still serving good ice cream after 85 years.

1  Thank Bookmn

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This place has history and you can feel it. The combination of ice creams is delicious. I know it looks like it might not all taste good together but trust me there is a method to the madness and it's delicious. We love bringing the kids here knowing that their grandparents and great grandparents made the trip here as well.

1  Thank RitaLyC
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Amazingly delicious and not overly filling. Super fast service. Must get the large! You will want to go back again!

1  Thank Sherri66
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Went here on a tip from our hotel concierge. We don't have anything like this down south and it sounded somewhat odd, but I'm now going to the grocery to attempt to re-create the awesomeness. For those that don't know (like me from 7 days ago), it's 5 flavors on one cone; chocolate, strawberry, Palmer House (vanilla with cherries and walnuts), pistachio, and orange sherbet. One of the best cones I've ever had!

1  Thank Tyr0514
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2008

No other words besides..... THE BEST!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook