“Average Steak, Otherwise Excellent”

Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #236 of 10,254 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Stetson
Description: Discover the unexpected at Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi. We deliver a non-traditional steakhouse experience in a comfortable urban setting. Flexible portions of thoughtfully sourced natural beef, sustainable seafood and organic produce are crafted into variety of internationally inspired shareable dishes that clearly convey...This is not your typical Chicago Steak House. Dine at one of the best restaurants in Chicago.
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I arrived early and solo, and was the first customer of the night. I got truly excellent service from my waitress and other staff members. The Hyatt lobby is really nice and would be a fun place to have a drink or two before dinner.

The french onion soup was superb, and the mixed bread basket was good. I had the locally sourced sirloin, and it was fine but not in the top tier of steaks I've eaten, and the Bearnaise was not as good as Morton's. It was served with surprise fried onions, though, which I love.

I decided not to order desert, but the waitress brought me some very cleverly-presented chocolate covered strawberries anyway, and they were quite good.

Overall, highly recommended.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

i am staying at the hyatt and decided to treat myself to a nice meal. i had the bone in pork chops, porterhouse cut. very very good ($28) everything is also ala carte. the creamed corn was very good... the bartender recomended it to me. service was great, staff was very friendly. i think my meal without adult beverages was $60ish

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stetson's Chop House is located in the Hyatt in downtown Chicago. Normally you would not think that a hotel restaurant would be that good but it was fantastic! We did not want to go to a tourist trap type place but we wanted a good Chicago Steak. After a little online research, we chose Stetson's and they did not dissapoint. The service and food and drinks were excellent. You choose your drinks and dessert on an iPad which was very cool. The waiter made our spinach salad tableside and the horseradish mashed potatoes and filet were to die for. We were too full for dessert but not to worry, they serve a surprise dessert to everyone after the meal.

Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant because it was in our hotel. We were not disappointed! The food was all really good, we had filet and twice baked potatoes- so good! The wedge salad was great too. They bring out a sorbet in between corses and strawberries in dry ice at the end. Our service was so good, the waiter even went outside the restaurant to get me a diet coke instead of what they had on tap- Pepsi. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

I was tired and just wanted a quick bite to eat without leaving the hotel. The maitre d suggested the 'lounge' menu. I had a glass of California merlot and the Angus beef sliders with fries. The service was quick and yet attentive. There was a pleasant level of background music , loud enough that one could not hear conversation at adjacent tables but not deafening. The sliders were delicious medium rare and moist. The merlot was good too. $25 before tax and tip.

Been to Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi? Share your experiences!